1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen oldblood shields

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by johno, Aug 18, 2009.

1. johno
    Skink

johno New Member

hi all

i dont know if im talking about old news or what, just been checking out the games workshop website and seen some AWESOME oldblood shields, they just look scary and would definantly make your saurus scar vet's and o.bloods stand out even more, please check them out if u havnt seen them already!
    cant wait to buy mine!!

sorry if its old news

johno

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Ya, they've been there for a while. They were added just after the latest Army Book came out, IIRC.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

They do look pretty cool, expensive though and I think they are pretty much the same quality as the plastic TG shields which could just as easily be used on an old blood.

4. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

/Agree with Strewart. I seen em today at a local store and was about to order some when I noticed the price. I have had pretty good luck with the new TG shields for my characters.

Iggy Koopa

5. Magic_karl
    Skink

Magic_karl Member

probably a silly (related) question, but what glue do you use when attatching plastic to metal? My JSoD :)D) won't stay... armed.

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

First of all, that's an excellent pun. :pompus:
    Second of all, regular super glue should do the trick. As long as you're not using an insane amount of it, and the two pieces you're trying to glue together are clean and fit together properly.

7. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Yeah super glue is good, I swear by Krazy Glue, it works on everything (except of course styrofoam, which it disintegrates).

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Do you mean while you are trying to glue it the arm won't stay on? Or days after the arm falls off? If the latter, you probably should pin it to get a stronger bond, but a plastic arm shouldn't really come off easily. If the former, yes superglue, try adding a tiny amount of greenstuff (or blutac) into the joint before putting the glue on. And when I say tiny amount, I really mean tiny. The idea is that it will hold the pieces together for you while the glue is drying, so you need to make sure there is a good amount of metal-plastic contact area or else they will just be gluing to the GS and fall apart. If you use GS, you can roll it into a very thin cylindar and put it around the outside of the joint to act as a gap filler as well so you won't ned to patch it up later.