1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen - on a budget!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Haratac, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Haratac
    Jungle Swarm

Haratac New Member

I've always wanted to collect lizardmen, but never really was able to get into buying them, thinking the idea of starting a new fantasy army was too expensive. However, I decided to do it anyway, but budget it, so I can get it quickly, and have a finished army. So, first I wrote an army list; using a lot of special characters and expensive units (point wise) to build up an army I was both happy with, and could afford.

Pictures, I guess:

DSCF0207.jpg

First Saurus Regiment

Saurus Champion:
    DSCF0210.jpg

Skink Skirmisher
    DSCF0211.jpg

Tetto'Eko
    DSCF0214.jpg

Thanks all! Will update when I can.

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Very nice! You've got some great looking models already, and that Tetto'Eko model will look stellar for sure! Keep up the good work!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I like the Tetto palanquin, nice take on it so far. Pretty good colours and painting on the saurus too, I really like the blue tongues. They suit your scheme well.

4. Haratac
    Jungle Swarm

Haratac New Member

Thanks guys! I've entered a conversion competition on another forum, RelicNews, and this is a work in progress of the model I entered - a Saurus Scar Veteran with Great Weapon, who I'm going to call Quelz'to.

DSCF0209.jpg
    I'm particulary proud of the head, with parts sourced from the Chaos Terminator sprue, beastmen and of course the saurus sprue.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

Wow, I can't wait to see that guy painted up and with pics from different angles. He looks like he will make a fantastic character.

6. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Tetto'Eko! Yours looks really cool. That character is completely made of win and Chuck Norris. I'm definitely going to make my own one day!

7. Haratac
    Jungle Swarm

Haratac New Member

Thanks!

DSCF0211-1-1-1.jpg

Here's another angle. The model has been altered slightly since these pictures were took, the left arm is now heavily armoured. I'm not sure as to whether I should give him a shield or not.

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Well, that weapon definitely screams 2-handed so I would leave the shield off. Having said that, a 2-handed weapon probably isn't the best option for a saurus character since he will strike first, try making a few character builds and see what oyu like. Remember if you don't put a shield on, you can easily add one whenever even after he is painted, even temporary with blutac to try it out, but if you do put one on its a pain to get it off.

9. Haratac
    Jungle Swarm

Haratac New Member

I agree with you, but sadly it's an entry for a competition and I can't change its loadout. When I get the battalion, I'll have about six spare saurus to play around with, so I can really go to town with characters.

10. johno
    Skink

johno New Member

hello haratac....me being nosey even before the model is finished....im loving the Tetto'Eko model already, if you dont mind me asking what have you done (in the picture) so make him what he is? with the body, his right arm, the attachments on his head, etc.

thankyou

11. Haratac
    Jungle Swarm

Haratac New Member

It's okay! The parts I used was a skink body, the one with the larger crest, and then cut the legs off at the hip and knee joint. Then I twisted them around so it was in a sitting position, GSed some scales on them and the shin so he looks like he's sitting, I may give him a loincloth though as it didn't go to well. For the crest, I cut two sets of the feathers from the banner top in the Saurus set, and stuck them either side. The arms are the outstreched skink arm, with the javelin, I chopped the blade off and stuck a Chaos Warrior mace, and some decoration on it. The palanquin was two 40mm round bases stuck together, with a 25mm on top, and two Saurus banners, and for the back seat thing I used a heavily trimmed land raider weapon holster.

That help?