1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Out of Stock at GW

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Mr Mundi, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

Anybody notice that temple guards, cold one cavalry, lord kroak, and some other characters are no longer available? Any ideas? Are they gone forever in the first wave of lizardmen phasing out of AoS or are they getting new minis?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Well last week the Temple guard said out of stock not unavailable so that is that concerning them, unless we see new models looks like ebay will be your port of call for Lizardmen minis.

3. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

Man, I was hoping it wouldn't end up like that. Luckily I have a few regiments of 1990s temple guards and skink cold ones I can paint up. They should last me a while.

4. dreitman
    Skink

dreitman New Member

What's interesting is Chakax went out of stock a few months ago and they made some more and he is now available again as of about a month ago. I just finished 30 TG and working on Chakax now. It would be disappointing to see lizards faded out. I'm hoping something new is coming down the line but only time will tell (cuz GW sure won't).

5. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

No kidding. I've heard that GW was going to start phasing some races out but still having rules to support them. I took a look at some of the other armies to see what might be getting liquidated and I saw that Brettonnians have literally almost nothing left. Not knowing where the game and minis are headed makes me nervous about GW.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Many have shared those feelings for quite some time now. So much is unknown.

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Just GW flexing their knowledge of how to run a company once again

8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I just smell re-basing, no phasing out. The amount of times I ran this by the GW shop manager in town, no phasing. Maybe re-basing of the mins.
    I wish for updated models but if I say that (whoops I did) I will just curse it, maybe....

9. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

New minis would be fantastic. The current saurus warrior model was released in 2003, that's 12 years of no change. They're do for an update.

10. Malebranche
    Saurus

Malebranche Member

I really doubt the new minis will be Saurus though. They're pulling support, and Seraphon models will be very different to what we know and love.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

:D:D:D

Yup... if we get get models, my bet is on this.

12. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

He is now no longer available again. My guess is that GW is taking a breather on AoS for a bit, since they have been releasing 40k recently, and that we are just seeing GW choosing not to focus any resources on Lizardmen anymore. Maybe the whole line of minis will become online order only.

13. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Yep, same here. :/

The guys at my local gaming group have stopped playing WHFB completely, not a single one of them as switch to AOS.

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

What about KoW/9th Age?

15. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

They're implementing a new lizardmen-type faction right? Any word on if there will be minis anytime soon?

16. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

All lizardmen minis are off of the GW website right now!!! Only the codex for download is available. WTF!?

17. Sam
    Skink

Sam New Member

calm down u dribblers its jsut an update like what they did with skaven they are updating the bases to circle bases and possible the models to if we are lucky :) itll all be back up soon dw

Bowser likes this.
  18. arruka-munda
    Jungle Swarm

arruka-munda New Member

I'm still nervous tho

19. InvkrMainr
    Jungle Swarm

InvkrMainr New Member

I actually hate round bases for AoS.

It is actually better to have square bases than round so I don't understand the switch.

Everything in AoS is still measured with inches, and what a coincidence that square bases are 1 inch.

Saves having to measure when you are within range of anything in combat as you simply use bases.

20. Mr Mundi
    Jungle Swarm

Mr Mundi New Member

Perhaps, but with skaven they never dropped the entire range from the website. I don't think GW works like that. They've been releasing a few sets here and there with revised round bases to coincide with the AoS storyline and campaigns. Something flashy like ripping an entire line down and rebasing it all I one swing seems unlikely. This is either new minis or death in my opinion, but then again that's all it is. An opinion/guess/thought/huh/fear/bewilderment....