1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen revisted

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Atahulpa, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Atahulpa
    Jungle Swarm

Atahulpa New Member

Hello,
    I am a new member, I've always liked the idea of lizardmen armies, primarily because of an old black and white photo in a West End Star Wars book. I am collecting lizardmen for lots of different games, and getting rid of some spares too.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria,
    Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Atahulpa
    Jungle Swarm

Atahulpa New Member

Thanks. I'm getting rid of a huge collection of mostly mint 5th ed GW lizardmen. I just put them up on bartertown. I want to tackle an army of lizardmen using old Grenadier and Ral Partha recasts right now.

Bowser and Qupakoco like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Definitely want to see pictures of the army you're putting together!

5. Atahulpa
    Jungle Swarm

Atahulpa New Member

Way back when I barely knew anything about the gaming hobby at all, there was this picture on page 32 of WEG's Star Wars Miniatures Battles. Black and white, with a typical medieval fantasy round stone, thatched cottage in the background, it showed a bunch of DnD lizardman models and stormtroopers. The enigmatic caption read "A squad of Annointed People advances into combat with invading stormtroopers for the greater glory of the Godking of Masterhome." Wtf? To a kid living in the countryside in the 90's, it was the weirdest thing ever. I had to know more, but alas, sources of info were scarce back then and where I lived. It got me hooked and I have always had an interest for lizardman minis since.

I recently made an ok round thatched cottage, made a sock mold of it. The original was broken in the process but I can now churn out a whole village in plaster of paris if I want. I have now discovered modern casters selling those exact lizardmen from the mysterious picture. Just got to liquidate some spare models to make room for them. I am thinking I'll paint 20 or so, then see about converting some riding on dinosaurs. Maybe try to hunt up reptillian archers that look "right" with them too.

Warden, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard and you have a very interesting project, please post pictures of your progress.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Star Wars Miniatures was actually my first miniatures game too. Granted I played it a very short period of time and looking back at the arguments (which were not entirely the fault of the game designers), I'm surprised my group of friends did not swear off miniatures forever.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.