1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizzie armies

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Saurus commander, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Saurus commander
    Skink

Saurus commander New Member

Hey, I was wondering what everyones lizzie armies looked like, could you post some pics please? :) I mean a pic of your full armies then a pic of each different type of unit?

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Here you go, a group shot of my army so far.
    DSCN1817.jpg
    Keep in mind that pretty much everything is WIP.

3. Saurus commander
    Skink

Sweet army :D

I'll have to remember to post mine when its done :)

4. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

I'll get to posting mine but due to funds (or lack thereof) i only have my cold one unit so far and they are only half painted :/

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

IMG_3587.jpg

There's my half-arsed attempt at assembling my full army...
    There should be 2 20man blocks of Saurus but I don't have all my bases.

Cheers!

6. Saurus commander
    Skink

Is it gonna be good? :)

I'll tell u all what stages my armies at. Like a sneak preview of the newest film, exept this is more entertaining :D

Saurus Warriors: Shields, weapons, standards, musician things, their crowns and the things around their legs, arms and the ones that hang from some heads all black and/or yellow/gold. Currently: Scales being painted leather brown.

Skinks: Only a couple of black bits :p

Saurus cavalry: Just been undercoated. Gonna start them after all the saurus warriors scales are painted :)

There you have it, the sneak preview of my small yet cool army :D

7. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Well. These are all my painted models. Some of them still need to be finished...

001-Painteduntil10-09-2009-Wholearm.jpg

005-Painteduntil10-09-2009-SkinkJav.jpg

004-Painteduntil10-09-2009-SaurusWa.jpg

003-Painteduntil10-09-2009-SkinkBlo.jpg

002-Painteduntil10-09-2009-SkinkBlo.jpg

006-Painteduntil10-09-2009-Specials.jpg

007-Painteduntil10-09-2009-Terradon.jpg
    This terradon wasn't paited by myself!

8. Saurus commander
    Skink

Nice :) Those terradons are great :)

9. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

IMG00182-20090707-0252.jpg

That's my 1k force almost finished (cavalry need touching up), there's also an EotG that is half-done as well as two units of skirmishers unpainted (and 5 spare saurus as well as a handful of cold one cavalry spares).

Overall I'm really happy with how it's turning out. A few key models (the krox, the scar vet on foot and the scar vet on a cold one) are painted really carefully, though I got a little tired and sloppy with some of the units (especially the TG) and they are painted to a much lower standard than the standout models (except the cold ones, which I loved painting and put some time into blending carefully).

I did put a lot of thought into the colour balance of the army and I think it paid off, as everything matches well and although each unit by itself is quite uniform and actually quite faded and earthy, the red cold ones and green skinks and blue saurus make it satisfyingly colourful when viewed as a whole.

I can't wait until I have some spare time on my hands (two weeks from now) when I'll get it up to 1.5k with the EotG and the skinks, then after playing a few games I'll buy another battalion. I'm considering some salamanders, and some terradons would be nice though they are so expensive and clearly fiddly and fragile so I may pass on them, relying instead on a JSOD for that tactical niche. The main goal though is to get the batallion and plow onto getting the slann for conversion!

Here's the EotG, still SO much to do:

IMG00280-20090913-1242.jpg

10. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

There are a lot of good starts to armies up there!

@ Dumbledore: Very impressed with what you've done with your army so far. I look forward to the EotG getting finished.

11. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

I really like the blending you are doing with the stegadon :) It looks very real