1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Lone Slann List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by El_Collyero, Jul 7, 2008.

1. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

Ok, here's my 2000 point Lone Slann list. Thanks Sohcahtoa for the advice so far. I'm going to rely on my ability to outmaneuver my opponents in order to stay alive. I think this should be a competitive list, while still fun for both me and my opponents.

2nd Gen Slann Mage Priest
    Plaque of Tepok
    Bane Head
    Dispel Scroll x 2 540 Points

Heroes:
    Sarus Scar-Vet
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
    Light Armour, Shield & Great Weapon
    Sacred Spawnings of Sotec & Quetzl
    Aura of Quetzl 178 Points

Level 2 Skink Priest
    Diadem of Power 135 Points

Core:
    10 Skinks with Javelins
    10 Skinks with Javelins
    12 Skinks with Blowpipes
    12 Skinks with Blowpipes
    Scouts

Special:
    4 Kroxigor
    4 Kroxigor
    3 Terradons
    3 Terradons

Rare:
    3 Salamanders

Total: 1998 Points
    8(10) Power Dice
    5(7) Dispel Dice

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Looks good, I only have a few concerns.

(A) It seems that your Scar Veteran is a tad bit on the expensive side. Although he is great tooled up, he is a unit best used with the potential for expendibility.

(B) The magic item choice on your list is....rather odd. Generally, I would suggest giving the diadem of power to your slann and the dispel scrolls to the skink priest. However, this may be more of a personal preference then anything else.

3. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

Very true, SohCahToa. I like a cheap JSOD too; however, for this army, I think I need a better fighter and a character that will stick around a little longer. I plan on running the JSOD with the Salamanders, as I think this will give the Salamanders the support they need to fight off all but the heaviest calvary charges. I would guess most light/med cav wouldn't even bother with the charge for fear of dropping too many points. Using the Scar Vet's leadership will also help me keep the Sallies around longer. Plus, his presence drives the unit's strength up to 13 -- very helpful against shooting and misfires! Once he's done babysitting the Sallies, he'll mage hunt, kill war machines, combo charge like normal.

Again, I totally agree. My magic item choices aren't traditional. Here's what I'm thinking:
    - Diadem on lvl. 2 priest b/c he will generate two pd per turn. Will mostly save them and transfer both to the dispel pool. This will give me 7 dd plus two scrolls. I'll only want to use 5 dd per turn. That means I can use the diadem again to transfer 2 dice to the power pool. So, Slann will have 8 pd available starting in the second round. So, solid magic offense and defense.

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I think it looks like a pretty nice list, hope it works out for you.

5. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

I'm thinking that the possibility of 7 dispel dice with a +1 to dispel is a pretty nice defense as is. I'd be more worried about your slann living then stopping 2 spells. What would you say to dropping the scrolls and picking up the divine plaque of protection?