1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Looking for advice to revitalise an old collection

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Shaserra, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Shaserra
    Jungle Swarm

Shaserra New Member

I started collecting Lizardmen way back in 6th Edition Warhammer Fantasy but never really made a huge amount of progress in getting them properly table ready, and as a result I've had a great many models sitting around collecting dust for far too many years. I've recently begun the laborious task of working my way through this long-unfinished project, but as my experience of AoS is essentially limited to a few demo games around when the system was new, I really don't know a huge amount about what I should be valuing or how I should be equipping characters or units where I have that choice. I was hoping you guys might be able to give me a little advice or a point in the right direction where possible.

Right now my collection stands at something like:
    • Approximately 30 Saurus with spears, 20 with hand weapons and 12 currently unbuilt
    • 20 Saurus Guard
    • 15 Saurus Knights with lances
    • Approximately 80 Skinks (probably something like 60 with boltspitters and 20 with clubs and shields)
    • 6 Chameleon Skinks
    • 1 Salamander with Handlers
    • 1 Engine of the Gods
    • 2 Skink Priests/Starpriests
    • 1 Scar Veteran on Cold One
    • 1 Oldblood/Sunblood on foot
    • 1 Astrolith Bearer
    • 1 Slann Starmaster
    • 1 unbuillt Oldblood/Scar Veteran on Carnosaur
    Any suggestion of how I might want to go about arranging this into an army (at more popular points levels) or how I should consider equipping or designating models like the character on the Carnosaur would be very much appreciated.

My experience on the tabletop is almost entirely with Warhammer 40,000 so I'd be grateful for any sort of explanation that goes into the specifics of why things are good/bad and how to get the best out of them.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

I see at least a possible Shadowstrike (if you get some Terradons or Ripperdactyls) and a Firelance (using Knights and the ScarVet) in there, which isn't a bad start.

Skinks are good in groups of 40, so 60 is good for many 2000 points games (you need three battlelines which you can satisfy with one unit of 40 Skinks and two units of 10).

If you opponent is ok with it you can play your guards as Warriors, those are also good in groups of 40.

Slann and Astrolith Bearer are good as well.

I'd say you can develop in several directions by getting just one or two boxes of stuff. I would probably go for the Flyers and/or some big dinosaurs like a Bastiladon and/or a Stegadon to keep the Thunderquake option open as well.

For the ScarVet on Carno I like the sword but the spear is about as good I guess. Oldblood on Carno has no weapon choice, he always carries the spear.

Arawn likes this.