1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Blue Ink

Discussion in 'Trading Forum' started by Hookadoodle, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Hookadoodle
    Saurus

Hookadoodle New Member

Does anyone have any blue ink they are willing to send me :)

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm half way through my last pot and still find it very useful, so sorry no. However, I suggest rather than trying to get some second hand you have a look at a few other paint ranges who may produce inks rather than washes. I personally got vallejo blue ink, which is a little different to GW but still quite nice, and a lot cheaper for more ink, there are several other miniature paint companies around though.

3. Hookadoodle
    Saurus

Hookadoodle New Member

Yea it was soo unfortunate that they discontinued it cause its so useful. I just use it for everyones scales on their bad. I like the new blue wash over white for like magical looking stuff, but i just feel that some of the washes are way to weak...

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Agree completely, the washes never should have replaced inks they should have complimented them. The washes are steadily growing on me, and certainly the browns and black are amazing, but I just don't think the colours are really all that great in a lot of cases. The red is too pink and the blue I did not like at all on lizards, simply did not compare to the effect I achieved with the old blue ink.

The vallejo is certainly different again, but it is a lot closer to the GW ink than the wash is.