1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lord Kroak and the nee FAQ

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Superfobio, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Superfobio
    Jungle Swarm

Superfobio New Member

There's a portion of the General's Handbook FAQ that says that Lord Kroak's Celestial Deliverance is affected by the rules of one. Does this mean that I may only cast this ability once even if I succeed? If so, do you guys think Lord Kroak is worth the cost? I understand that he is still very good with the right set-up, but you could field a number of different options by downgrading to a Slann Starmaster.

Bowser likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Nerf Stick...:eek:
    Hurts so bad... :hurting:

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I think that's the stupidest of the stupid thing.
    The "rule of one" was already existing: a wizard could cast only one spell per type each turn. Kroak was free from this rule.
    Now the "rule of one" works for the army. So what? Kroak was written since the beginning as an exception that can cast his spell more than once. What changed? :rage:
    Heck, the whole character of kroak in warhammer history revolves around the unique ability to cast that single spell more times in the same turn. :mad:

Bowser likes this.
  4. Superfobio
    Jungle Swarm

Superfobio New Member

I know exactly what you mean. When I first heard about this I thought to myself, "well it can't mean that he can only cast it once. It clearly says that you can cast it three times." I thought, maybe it just means you can't try to cast the spell again if you fail an attempt, but upon reading the FAQ myself it seems pretty clear that they're just nerfing Kroak.

Bowser likes this.
  5. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

Rippers and Kroak RIP. I think that there were more effective ways to reduce their power while still making them viable and unique instead of just lumping them into this general rule.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, the cure worked ... and killed the patient.

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Only for matched play. All that does is either get you back into open play, or find new strategies and combos for matched play. Though they should have made him less expensive if they are going to nerf the big spells.

m0gstar likes this.