1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lord Kroak vs. The World

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Bandicoot, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Bandicoot
    Saurus

Bandicoot Active Member

Had the Hero event for Summer of Sigmar today. The field is shown in the picture below.

Everything got off to a pretty slow start, which was fine to me as I was planning on hanging back and nuking enemy units with Comet Call. I don’t think anyone really knew much about Kroak because they left me alone for the first few rounds and I was able to pick off a few targets by the third round with a well placed Arcane Bolt and a godly roll on Celestial Deliverance. As the field started to narrow people realized Kroak could regenerate wounds at the end of my turn and began focus firing on me. I had an Eidolon coming at me as well as a Knight of the Shroud. If the Eidolon hadn’t split it’s turn between myself and the Khorne Bloodhound they could have taken me down easily as the Knight was able to deal 6 wounds to me during his turn.

Next turn came around and I luckily got to go first. I wiped the Knight off of the table and since the Eidolon had dealt with the Bloodhound I did some minor damage to the Eidolon before rolling a 3 during my battleshock phase to heal on my wounds. The Eidolon came at me hard and managed to do 7 wounds on me with all of my spells failing or ending up dispelled. I got lucky on the last turn by drawing a 2 vs his 4 and got to go first. Arcane bolt managed to do 3 damage failed my celestial deliverance and my comet call on him, made a last ditch effort with a final Celestial Deliverance and rolled well to land the final three wounds on the Eidolon. I felt a little bad as someon had to remind me I had one spell left in order to cast the final Deliverance, but considering I still had melee I still might have managed to do 3 more wounds so he wasn’t upset at the reminder.

I wish I had been able to engage more, I felt like I hung back and played a little dirty with my comets but it was my first real event so I’m still pretty happy about the win. I offered the EIdolon player the certificate since I had taken the reminder, but he said the owner said I deserved the win. All in all it was a lot of fun, especially since I’ve only played the game a few times casually a few months ago.

Kroak is hax and his regeneration ability is dirty. Anyone got tips on which monster to take for the Monster Arena? I was going to take my Dread Saurian, but he doesn’t have the monster keyword :/ and I can’t take any heroes.

Attached Files:

Warden, Seraphage and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Don't feel bad about hanging back, good tactic in my view.

For the Monster Arena only thing Seraphon has is the Bastilidon, Troglodon, Stegadon.

Out of them I would go Bastilidon with the beam

Warden likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I chose to play my undead for Monster Arena and won, using a Zombie Dragon.

If I had to use Seraphon.... I would also go for Basti with Solar Engine. Range, rend, and good save.

Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Carno's and Dread's aren't Monsters?

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Carno and Dread aren't Monsters? does this affect the Monster mash @Lord-Marcus

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

no, i consider them monsters. keyword has nothing to do with it.

ILKAIN likes this.
  7. Bandicoot
    Saurus

Bandicoot Active Member

@Crowsfoot @Aginor I think you’re right with the Bastilodon, I’m glad I’ve got one painted up.

@ILKAIN The Carno is def a monster, but the rules don’t allow them to have the keyword “Hero” at all so he is out this round :/

ILKAIN likes this.
  8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice work with the big dead toad!

So sad the carnosaur can't come to play... but the zombie dragon idea sounds fantastic :vamp: