1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lord kroak

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by forlustria, Nov 3, 2014.

1. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

So he makes a unit he joins -1 to hit for combat and shooting but does this effect characters with the unit aswell. Say I have a scar vet in temple guard and then karaoke joins , does the vet benefit from the -1 to hit and unbreakable

2. LawGnome
    Chameleon Skink

LawGnome Active Member

Yes. Everything in the unit gains the benefit. Just be sure that you add Kroak last. Once he makes the unit unbreakable, non-unbreakable models can no longer join.

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Actually, from reading the rule, he only makes the temple guard unbreakable. The way I see it, you can't put a character in there :/

4. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

The rule says "any unit he joins". The characters would get the -1. You either need to deploy the characters in their at the start or they need to be in the unit before kroak joins.

5. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

c am easily start kroak behind the unit and the scarvet in the unit. Then on my first turn move kroak in.

was thinking of a scar vet/oldblood with glitting scales for -2 to hit

6. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Make sure to add fencer blades as well for an almost certain 6+ to be hit :p

7. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

But once the unit (TG & Kroak) become Unbreakable, the characters can no longer be part of the unit because they are not Unbreakable. I believe Chakax can be in Kroak's unit though, since his ability to be Unbreakable in the unit is not considered temporary.

Personally, I don't care to add saurus characters to TG holding a Slann since you are required to widen the front rank to have both the saurus character in the front rank and the Slann still allowed to be in the 2nd rank. I'm not a fan of the more costly ranks.

8. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

As long as the character joins first or is deployed in the unit, he will gain unbreakable with the rest of the TG. How it reads to me anyway.

Never clicked you have to keep the TG 5 normal models wide in the front rank to keep the slann in the second rank. I'm sure I've played that wrong at some stage. Lucky for me i'm normally 6-7 and only shrink to 5 wide if I'm fighting something death starry.

9. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

If you have less than 5 models in the front rank AND full command then the Slann can be pushed into the second rank because there isn't enough room for the Slann to fit in the front rank.