1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lord kroak

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by hy6n, Nov 19, 2016.

1. hy6n
    Jungle Swarm

hy6n New Member

so i had this concept to use lord korak to deal 3d3 mortals to nearly the entire board every round while simultaneously being impossible to charge.

heres the idea
    1 lord Korak
    1 bale wind vortex
    1 astrolith bearer
    +anything else you need for a matched point game

so heres what you do, you start with lord kroak at the edge of your deployment zone that is closest to the center of the board, now most people who know the rules for the vortex and probly know what im going to say next but for those who don't here it is 1. plant astrolith 2. have kroak summon the vortex 3. cast celestial divergence 3 times 4. win the game

heres the stats
    kroak total gets plus 2 to cast/unbind from the astrolith/vortex
    his command ability give you rerolls incase you screw up your now 5/6/7 casting for celestial divergence
    with 3d6 range doubled and +8 the maximum range will be 44" with the average sitting around 26-36" nut rerolls again from command ability can help you bring the average up
    finally due to the way kroak works unless the opponent can do 6- 7 wounds a turn with ranged attacks to kroak then he is invincible and due to the way his wounds work if they you live though one round of heavy shooting whatever is shooting at you will most likely die next round anyway

disclaimers
    -this idea is extremely less viable in 1000pt games or less
    -this idea is expensive and will hinder your ability to take objectives
    -this idea was made to be fun/potentially aggravating for your opponent
    -i am aware the whole tactic could be destroyed by a single good artillery shot

would love to here feedback, thanks

tom ndege, SlanntaClause and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This isa devastating combo (for the opponent.) I matched play it takes a few turns to wipe everything out, but in open play you could do it first turn. If you don't care about having friends! ;)

hy6n likes this.
  3. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I'm probably missing some special rule, but can't you only cast a specific spell once per turn in matched play?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That's correct it will take 3-4 turns to completely win, unless they all have low bravery and nothing to buff that then they will lose more in battleshock. but it is still a devastating combo.

5. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty underhand but an impressive tactic non the less would love to see it play out

6. hy6n
    Jungle Swarm

hy6n New Member

so while yes you cant actually cast celestial divergence more then once per turn most of the guys i play with are fine with me doing it since it has the built in rules for casting up to three times and the value goes up. i guess this is a good way for them to take that exception back