1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord Kroq-Jor's Host

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by jormi_boced, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

My army is ready for Gen Con!!!

army2.jpg
    EotG2.jpg
    krox1.jpg
    krox2.jpg
    krox3.jpg
    krox4.jpg
    krox5.jpg
    oldblood1.jpg
    oldblood2.jpg
    oldblood3.jpg
    oldblood6.jpg
    salamander2.jpg
    salamander3.jpg
    scarvet1.jpg
    scarvet2.jpg
    scarvet3.jpg
    scarvet4.jpg
    steagdon1.jpg

2. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Pretty Nice.

One or two thing I could recommend.

1. When you really think your done add a wash too the models skin if it is a blue wash or a brown/black wash all over the model just to add that little bit of shading.

2. This is personal preference really but I think the Stegadons Howdah looks better painted stone or gold rather than silver, but don't pay too much attention to that because as I say, it's just personal preference really.

Apart from that their looking pretty good and I admire you for managing to get a whole army painted (I paint really, really slowly).

Keep up the good work, Bez

P.S. I really like the way you have used the older models in your army, I have the old Skink Priest and one older Kroxigor but that's about it.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Not bad, I quite like the striking appearance of the skinks.

Be careful with the consistancy of inks, mess around with different thicknesses and amounts of water until you get a look you like. I mention it because I noticed on the steps of the steg howdah you can see 'wash lines' where it hasn't gone on evenly. This can be corrected by a very light drybrush of the gold colour you've used over where the black line is.