1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS LVO Seraphon Battletome Reveal.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Alex Walton, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Sekrit_Stryker Well-Known Member

I think they have a decent enough impact. You pretty much always bring them.

Please, no more skinks XD I have enough

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Wazz like this.
  2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Quite heavily. The idoneth ones can zone out people and apply buffs/debuffs, the FEC ones allow them to summon more, Skaven give them the ability to move around the board if they wish, BoC buffs them and their summoning I believe, HoS he more summoning points, same for Khorne, Gnarlmaw is a debuffer, and OBR is a multi-tool that can be really annoying.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

it really has been only a few that didn't matter. most notably (for me cuz I play them) the Fyreslayers. the buff is good, but too restrictive for competitive play.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Carnikang like this.
  4. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

So the rest of the art is a pretty faithful representation of one model or another...

What are we looking at behind the main Saurus?
    It’s like a beefed up ‘standard’ from the top of a Carnosaur, but I can’t tell where in terms of depth it’s meant to be?

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Someone a discord made an interesting observation
    "Purely speculation, but the Warscroll Card Pack for Seraphon appears to be much larger than the amount of entries in their current battletome.

I would keep expectations in check though, it seems REALLY doubtful that they are getting 20 new units."

Lizerd, Dragvindel and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

We don't know the card count. We know how many packs are in a box, in a carton, on a pallet, etc.
    We don't know the very specifics though.

7. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

My guess is that, if we do have more warscrolls, it's because there will be separate cards for the "Coalesced" Seraphon. I agree with some other theories that the Coalesced will be better fighters, but give up summoning & teleporting.

8. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Yeah, I was thinking that Coalesced are the ones that gained sentience from the slanns as they had been around so long and have become flesh and blood. So possible would lose the Daemon Keyword

Lizerd and Just A Skink like this.
  9. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Also a possibility that some scrolls are endless spells.

I could see these either being ‘old one tech’ instead OR being handpicked from existing spells. It wouldn’t be the first time GW took a ‘cheap filler’ move, as wood elves in WHFB just got the Dark and High elf lore cards smashed together...

Lizerd likes this.
  10. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

Was the warscroll pack showed at LVO too or is that info from somewhere else?

Lizerd, Oh_Man and Erta Wanderer like this.
  11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

shiping tag

Lizerd and Sebbs like this.
  12. Sekrit_Stryker
    Saurus

Surely if there is a shipping tag we would expect something in the next month? They are hardly going to ship it and then have stock sitting in shops for an age. Feb, the month of the Seraphon

Lizerd likes this.
  13. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

The pillars on the ziggurat are there to hold the portal up. So as long as you get creative, I see no reason why you can’t remove them yourself.

Lizerd likes this.
  14. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned elsewhere that spawning pools would've been hard to sell since they're too easy to build on your own, I think this piece isn't all that hard to recreate either. Given, it will be a bigger and more involved project, but there's a considerable amount of "build your own Lizardmen ziggurat" YouTube vids out there (don't even have to include the lizzie tag either lol). The only "exciting" thing about this new terrain is the top part with the energy and "floaty" marble/gate bits which, in all honesty, I agree with the disappointed group; it could've been better.

What I'm trying to say is, I think the creative terrain builders out there will either take this and add their own spin to it, or come up with their own cool designs...I'd like to see an orrery made of a few gyroscopes looking thing atop a shorter ziggurat...but we'll have to wait for the rules (and pricing) to see if it'll be worth it!

Lizerd likes this.
  15. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

I'm out of the loop; what's a shipping tag?

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

when shipping large amounts of stuf out of country it needs to be declared a shipping tag tells us whats in that shipment.

Lizerd and Oh_Man like this.
  17. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Ok, now I KNOW they’re just taunting us.

What I want, more than anything, is better rules and models for Saurus. They did it with STD. They even did it for BLOOD BOWL! It shouldn’t be that hard...

Captaniser, Warden, Lizerd and 3 others like this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are diffferent configurations of pieces to use on the top. Optional pillars and glyphs, extra bricks, maybe a Slann dock..?

Sebbs, Warden and Lizerd like this.
  19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Hey I like that zoat! Its been a while since we have seen any of them around...

[​IMG]

I might get the new dude for Necromunda.

As far as the lizardy-stuff goes, the new battletome looks nice. Cover art is a nice nod to the TWW2 saurus artwork, so I am excited to see lots more Mesoamerican-themed artwork (I hope). Unlike most of the posts I have seen here I actually love the current saurus models, they were the first Warhammer models I ever bought (early 2000s-ish) and they have been my favorite unit ever since (I have four :D). If they make new ones I hope they are along the lines of what they did with our Temple Guard, love how those guys look. A new salamander/razordon kit would be pretty awesome too.

Terrain piece is underwhelming to me, compared to all the sigmarite and old Empire terrain sets out there. Barely taller than our current dinos. That pyramid doesn't even have enough room for the Slann and his temple guard to sit on top! Makes me want to go make some more out of foam...

Captaniser, Oh_Man, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

sick weapon!

I think it would be perfect for the setting, yeah.

That's the spirit! ;)

Warden, Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.