1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a fantasy board

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by brokbrok, Sep 15, 2011.

1. brokbrok
    Cold One

brokbrok New Member

I'm new to fantasy and although GW has lots of cool terrain to buy for it, the play style doesn't seem conducive to having massive terrain like 40k does.

Whats the right amount of terrain to have for a fantasy table? Should it all be basically impassible or with large gaps intended for five rank/file to pass through them? Should there be LoS blocking terrain like 40k has or do people prefer to just line up with maybe a hill or two and slug it out.

Can people link/post pics of tables they've played on that they really enjoyed, or any other fantasy table pictures they've found that they thought were appealing to play on?

Thanks.

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

For me, I don't care much for the GW terrain buildings either. About the only thing that I truly bought a lot of is hedges, fences, and trees. LOTS of trees.

Im not going to post pics of all my terrain/game board, but here is a single shot to give you an idea on what I play on:

2011-09-06143448.jpg

If you would like to see more of them, you can view them on this thread:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/bretonnians.7482/

The "right" amount of terrain depends on the type of battle you're playing (pitched, scenario, skirmish, etc.). Either way, it should be something that both players agree on (which Im sure you're use to with 40k).

- Lord Cedric

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

See Signature.

4. brokbrok
    Cold One

brokbrok New Member

Thanks a bunch for the pics and the links... is your board 16' long?

5. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

No its not. Each section is only 13 inches making the table 8 ft. 8 inches. You can take as many of the end sections off if you want to play on a shorter table.