1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Matched Play List GHB2019

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by LizardWizard, Jun 23, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

It will depend on deployment. However, seeing as the list is 1 drop I should be able to charge into a decent number of units simultaneously. Their damage is frankly just a bonus though. The real goal of the Saurus Knights to to tie multiple units up in unfavorable combat at once. The knight have enough hp to live for 2 rounds of combat or more. This will depend on how much they kill on the charge and on what they are fighting. While the opponent is tied up in their deployment you can score objectives and start collecting Celestial Conjuration Points.

Womboski likes this.
  2. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

Might be a good thing to test out, however , what is that doppelganger cloack on Eotg ?

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I have run a 20x units of Knights in a DT before. They normally buy you are least one turn of the enemy's movement unless most of their army has fly and retreats.

Doppelganger's Cloak helps with match ups vs Flesh-eaters Courts in cases where you can cancel a round of combat. You could take Spell Mirror or Talisman of the Watch though.

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

But it isn't possible to cast more than 1 endless spell per wizard per turn, is it?

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

he typed faster than he thought lol he means the StarP for the cogs

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Won't they end up melting too quickly if they get into combat with multiple enemy units? It's still only 40 wounds and a 5+ save. 1 enemy unit probably isn't going to wipe it out (unless it's buffed up beyond believe) but 2-3 units seem like they should decimate the Knights fairly reliably, especially if they're the type of threats you'd want to tie up with said Knights (I mean, tying up 3 units of objective grabbers like skinks is relativly uninteresting unless it gives you a truly massive lead in terms of objectives)

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

You should review your points, i've seen a bunch of EotG's at 220 instead of 240 and cogs at 60 instead of 80. Hope ot doesn't change too much for the lists!

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

My list are only about scoring objectives.

Thanks. All the total sums are correct. Some of the point listing was from old force of habit while typing. I will go back and review all the displayed numbers. I had to write all the list by hand with a calculator.

Xasto and Womboski like this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

You are right. It was just a brain fart. BwV has to wait.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Fair enough, I guess that them being a large unwieldy blob does help when trying to simply block enemy movement. And given the way the battalion works I gues one blob of 20 has it's uses over 2 blobs of 10. Though it feels like a lot of wasted potential, admittadly that might be less of an issue in more competitive enviroments.

Womboski and LizardWizard like this.
  11. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I definitely wouldn't play this list at competitive tables.

Womboski and Canas like this.
  12. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

ever think about making an anti-horde army? mines doing quite well in the league im in (7-1 with 12 people in it). my army list got better with the GHB2019 which was nice. im able to have some variability now

LizardWizard likes this.
  13. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Razordons and Rippers are pretty solid anti-horde units in my opinion. What did you have in mind?

14. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

the razordons just never do well for me even tho i really want them to.
    the TQ with stegys nd kroxigors can be good. i just cant decide to take kroak or the slann with the new GHB editions. i can usually always push some1 off the objective if my key 3 units r on the battlefield(EotG Slan/Kroak, Astrolith). i take a flame stegy nd a bastiladon for the TQ. the bastiladon is used for sniping pivital units. the stegy can take a horde unit by himself(unless u get double turned on) nd the kroxigors have done really well for me with handling horde units. i think the kroxigors dont have enuf power as a 3 man unit so i did a 6 man nd theyve been my wrecking crew at times ive been able to get my moonhammers with more than 4 attacks more times than not. at times i dont miss any attacks with the astrolith nd TQ buffs but i do have a brass elephant(lucky charm) in my bag haha.

i unfortunatly dont have ripperdactyls yet but they will be my next addition to my collection. i love the razordons but they just dont perform for me :(.

15. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

lol i think i just want u to make my list better hahah but dont haha. ur lists are awesome tho.

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I can make you a TQ list with Steggies and Krox. I will write one up and @you in the post.

17. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

sweet! thanks man i appreciate it a bunch! i just donno whats competitive tournement worthy nd would like ur insight.

18. RageCage
    Skink

RageCage Member

@LizardWizard I think your Kroak And Slann MW spam list is over points by one unit of 3 razordons. Unless my Azyr App is wrong or I miscalculated. Still looks like a ton of fun!

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

You are right. I mistallied it. It has been corrected.

RageCage likes this.
  20. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

I'm toying with listbuilding those days and i really want to make some magic heavy list ( endless ) because i think it can do well in competitive combined with our summon and map control. Did Dracothion tail , shadowstrike or no battalion list but my main question is Kroak or not Kroak. He is an heavy investment for what in the end ? We dont really care about CP in a non saurus heavy list, even with new command abilities. Also his spell cast on 9/10 is quite hard , even with a potential +2 .... for max 6d3 mortal. However his comet call is good and he can cast an endless. In the end i want to know what you guys think about him ( only in terms of competitive games )pretty sure some shoot and 1/2 starpriest with endless can do more but yet havent played kroak yet ( 1 /2 games for fun )

Khatif and LizardWizard like this.