1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minis size evolution through editions help

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Acehaphon of Roses, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Acehaphon of Roses
    Skink

Acehaphon of Roses New Member

Hello I have a good deal on a buch of older editions Lizzies. And I can finally start my Seraphon/Lizardman teams (I was waiting for Warcry!!!!)
    I think most are 6-8?
    I was planning on building a blood bowl and a warcry team. So using mostly Saurus warriors and Skinks.I still havent seen the cards but I read online about their stats.
    Are the sizes to different from the current ones? and are they too diferent amongst themselves?

TL;DR: Does anybody have pictures of lizards (warriors and skinks specifically) through the editions? To see the comparison?

2. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Croco Guard Well-Known Member

If you have 6th edition onwards, your models are mostly unchanged. Here’s a photo of Saurus through time I could get together easily.
    077A7388-5224-4CF8-A006-9F934C1D3B1D.jpeg
    from left to right, original Saurus temple guard 5th edition, a bulked up normal Saurus with some green stuff modeling putty, Saurus temple guard commander 6th edition, Saurus temple guard 3rd and newest variation, then finally the blood bowl Saurus. Normal Saurus troop models haven’t changed from 6th to now. Blood bowl Saurus definitely are lookers and beefier than previous Saurus.

Probably the best looking large detailed Saurus you see comes from the carnosaur kit to make an old blood on foot.

I don’t have my skinks out currently, but if you have 6th edition normal troop skinks you are up to date. Terradons have gotten a remodel that may be more impressive though. Blood bowl skinks have different cuter proportions than skinks in the rest of warhammer.

You won’t have any issues using older lizardmen in warcry or blood bowl, but I probably wouldn’t want to mix and match the normal troops and the newer blood bowl units as they do look very different. Also bare in mind that the new blood bowl team also feature chameleon skinks you can convert or paint different colors to represent.

Aginor and Imrahil like this.