1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Multiple Wounds vs War Machines with Shooting Attacks (Trog)

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by hdctambien, Nov 14, 2014.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

So, if you shoot at a War Machine with the Troglodon spit attack and wound, do you deal d3 wounds to the War Machine (thus removing d3 crew members?) Or does that one wound to towards the crew, then multiply (simply killing a single crew member)

From what I can tell from the BRB, the wounds would multiply. So potentially a single Troglodon loogie could take out a Warmachine.

BRB 108: The Crew - "The crew are used only to indicate the remaining number of Wounds and the number of attacks the war machine can make in close combat""

BRB 109: Shooting at War Machines - "resolve the attack as normal, using the T of the war machine ... the crew's armor save is still used to attempt to prevent any wounds inflicted, as it is they that the attack is attempting to slay"

What do you all think? Are there Multi-Wound shooting attacks in other armies that this has come up for?

Does it seem crazy to try to use a Troglodon (or two???) to shoot at a War Machine that was placed within 25" (7" move + 18" range) of my deployment zone (Organ Gun)?

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Re: Multiple Wounds vs War Machines with Shooting Attacks (T

Multiwound applies to war machines. That's why cannons and bolt throwers are aimed at enemy war machines fairly often.

It's not crazy to spit on a war machine. In fact, I can think of few things that are better to spit at (Eagles comes to mind). That being said, I'd prefer to charge with a Troglodon unless arcane vassaling is extremely vital to my short-term plans