1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My first Lizard list...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Mathieu, May 10, 2017.

1. Mathieu
    Jungle Swarm

Mathieu New Member

hi all, Im a long time 40k player. The group is moving to AoS and I had a shotgun on Seraphon.
    Ive been around this awesome forum for awhile and I dlike your advice on my first list before I order all these models...

Linking the thunderquake so far, here is my version:

Slann, general,tenacious,phoenix stone
    EotG, phoenix stone
    Skink Starseer
    Saurus Astrolith bearer

Skinks 3x10
    Skinks handlers
    3x Salamanders

2x Bastiladon

Thunderquake starhost

2000pts on the nose.

Maybe summon the salamanders to snipe something but I like the idea of rerolling to hit, to wound while in the deathstar bubble...
    I play friendly games only and will go against Iron Jaws, Sylvaneth, Death and Rotbringer.
    Is this any good ?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Salamanders have to be on the table to qualify for the Thunderquake, but you could split them and take only 1. That leaves you room to summon chameleons, a balewind Vortex, a sunblood, whatever you need reallly. But solid list.

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Just bare in mind that sallies have one serious thing to keep in mind : their range is bad. They hit at 8" and when you summon them they need to be 9" away from enemy units, so you NEED to either have handlers next to the summoning point or summon the handlers first.

Another tip : Do your best to summon them inside the reroll bubble of Astrolith bearer since they only have 1 attack each and the risk is too big without a reroll *they will be too close, inflicting way much damage to the opponent and are likely to be killed as soon as your opponent plays*

A last one : Summon them as seperate units just next to each other ! Make him use as many different attacks on you as possible *if they are in the same unit he can use a strong one and inflict all of their wounds at once while he ll have to take the risk of separating the attacks beforehand otherwise*

Bowser and Aginor like this.
  4. Mathieu
    Jungle Swarm

Mathieu New Member

Well thank you for theses pro tips and quick reply !
    I see my problem now... I should really keep the "sallies" in the bubble for full effectiveness but it makes the whole army stuck together.
    I guess the salamanders is for defence against anything that close in. Should I get a stegadon instead of a bastiladon ? Another question, how to you guys capture objectives with such a list ? Do you send skinks and hope they survive? or move the whole thing to get in range ? or split the bubble to cover the objectives ? I can see all the tricks, reroll and fun while playing thunderquake starhost but I just wonder if you can actualy win sometime lol.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Normally plant a bastiladon to capture objectives. Depending on the wording. Some say you need a unit of 5 others you need a hero, in which case you got the hero one covered, but the unit of 5 would need to hide behind bastiladon and salamanders.