1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help building an army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Byron, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

Hello all I started playing seraphon and have yet to win a game which has been soul crushing for me play like 12 already

Units I own

Troglodon x1
    Carnosaurx1 have not built as either
    Sinks x 30
    Engine of the gods x1
    Bastiladon x1 magnetized so either
    Saurus Warriors x40
    Saurus KnightsX15
    Saurus Scar Veteran On Cold OneX1

So my question is I am placing a big order from Gw to fix things and get other units which should I be focusing on I want

lord kroak
    Slaan starmaster
    Skink starseer
    Saurus sunblood

Salamanders / Razordon which ones?
    Converting chameleon skinks

Should I be looking at other things What are the key units in a seraphon army ?

Any help would be appreciated

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

My opinion, build the Carnosaur, vonvert the skink oracle into a starpriest, get a second bastiladon, 10 chameleon skinks, ripperdactyl, Saurus Sunblood, skink starseer, and an eternity warden, and some guard. Then another start collecting box for a second Carno and some more stuff. Razordons or salamanders, I like the razors, but sallies are the more popular choice. Should be able to build most of the major starhosts from that.
    If you want a bit more expansion into order get a celestial hurricanum and a battlemage or two.

Zheddikus and m0gstar like this.
  3. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

My thoughts are this.

1) you have enough battle line for now.
    2) of salamanders and razordon, each have their own role, but I find myself wanting salamanders in 83.333% of cases.
    3) shooting is pretty strong, so you need some, or ways to counter it. So I'd get ripperdactyls and bastiladons. Rippers with the shadowstrike starhost will help tremendously against shooting armies while bastiladons can lay down the hurt. You can convert an astrolith bearer from a saurus banner guy and a skink into a skink chief to get some synergies that will really help bastiladon shooting.

Bowser and Zheddikus like this.
  4. Byron
    Jungle Swarm

Byron New Member

Let me ask this question here by my post

How do you use the shadow strike I understand you drop theripperdactyls
    in turn one with the toad ,but their to hit is 4+ you reroll 1's cause of the swoop ability and can 're roll failed to hit and wounds cause of the second ability of the shadow strike

Am I missing anything to this is their a way to buff up their to hit cause if you can get that up to a 2+ you will kill anything cause everyone call the shadow strike tactic assassination move ?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You drop the toad in the first round for board control, the rippers "stay in the clouds" until you've got everything in place. And then use them to strike a target. If you put them in forst round then run a skink chief with them for the +1 to hit. Usually they work best as assassins for larger wound models if you combine them with the shooting of a unit of chameleons, even still they can cripple a monster in a decent round of combat, before getting crushed.

m0gstar likes this.