1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help choosing washes!

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Guardian of Hexoatl, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Hey guy, just thought I would share this with you guys. I would appreciate some help with figuring out what washes to use. Thanks in advance!

http://darkfuturesciencefiction.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/a-25mm-universe-part-1/

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Nice, they look good as a starting point and certainly some wash will add a lot of depth.

I would probably stick with browns and blacks for most of it. Devlan mud and badab black. Devlan mud on all the white, red and gold areas, badab black for the rest (mostly silver and armour). The armour you might want to try to add a layer of highlight before putting the black on.

Space Marine armour tends to have a lot of large fairly flat areas, and 3 shades (black recesses, base colour, highlighted areas) tends to be what is required to look good. Just use a watered down paint and try to pick out all the raised areas, then throw the wash on.

By the way, weren't you going to enter one of these units in the unit painting challenge? :)

3. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Yep, they were going to be in one of the contests, but i didn't end up getting them finished in time. But oh well, I'm just glad they are almost done :)