1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Need help creating a fun and effective army :)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Sam, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sam
    Skink

Sam New Member

help!
    Recently got into Age of Sigmar lizard men and have taken a shine to Lizardmen so i have picked up some Sarus Warriors (16) i have been looking at army builds and i cant decide atm (so many options and great decisions!), im after a fun army that involves a somewhat flexible play style with fast attacks and great synergy combos
    I've been on GW website and picked what i thought was a fairly sturdy build to begin with:
    1 Scar carnosaurs
    1 tetto'eko
    (Gorok maybe)
    (Old blood on cold one?/normal oldblood?)
    (temp gaurd maybe?)
    16 sarus warriors
    3 ripperdactyl
    8 saurus calavry

I have been to reddit and alot of suggestions are simply "Pick what you think looks good" but i simply love all the models and am overwhelmed by choices :))
    Thank you so much, just signed in to make this, seems like a great community haha go easy on me if i dun goofed anywhere :D cheers from down under

2. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

Tetto'eko seems like a fun character to have on the field, but by no means takes the place of a slann which you'll want either way. Ripperdactyls are impressive, but not to be relied upon. I haven't tested saurus out yet, but I hear that arming them with spears is the way to go, even though temple guard are just better all around.

Other than that, you're right, get those synergies flowing! I have an oldblood that is purely for sitting behind my infantry and buffing them, he will never be fielded as my general though and there is little point in making the slann your general also (unless you like that command ability). Carnosaur command ability looks promising on paper, and same for the oldblood on cold one, even though it's less flexible, it is more reliable.

Sam likes this.
  3. Sam
    Skink

Sam New Member

Sweet thanks, so for a general choice how does gorok sound? he seems like a steady beafy mother focker right? and i want to try the skink handlers and salamander combos too except they seem to take up alot of space point wise in the war scroll system

4. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ Member

I would say that you need a skink regiment with Kroxigor, then a unit of temple guard (to protect tetto'eko or the slann) and get a stegadon those will bash the enemy back and they are very durable, do make sure not to get the ancient stegadon cuz they cost a TON of points)

5. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I don't think your opponent will ever hold you back from fielding extra warscrolls, and if they are afraid of skink handlers then they've already lost.

As for Gor-rok, just take a look at that commant ability and see if that fits your play style. Personally, it doesn't tickle my fancy as much as other command abilities, but it isn't bad by any means. If it were me I would just use him as a tanky hero rather than a general.

KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ likes this.
  6. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ Member