1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Need input on model assemblage

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by FlaktheFox, Jun 12, 2017.

1. FlaktheFox
    Jungle Swarm

FlaktheFox New Member

I've been sitting on almost a $1000 collection of Lizardmen for years now, and sadly some of it is unassembled as I became discouraged by the lack of Fantasy players in my area not long after AoS was released. With no players to play with, I never had a reason to finish my collection, and with a pending move to Germany in a few months time I thought it was about time to sell my models. Since the editions have changed however, and 9th edition has become a thing I've had no way to know how to assemble certain items that'll attract the most customers who wanna buy it.

tl;dr version? Of the following models, tell me in what configuration would make it interesting to you (ie, spears or shields? Giant bow, or Engine of the Gods? etc) across any version of them

Saurus warriors
    Stegadons
    Bastiladons
    Cold One cav
    Skinks

n810 likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You may get more interest if they are left unassembled given the buyer the option to build what they want.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

YEP, unassembled in box is probably your best bet if you plan on selling them.

Crowsfoot and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agreed.

The general rule (aside from very high end painting) is:

New in box > on sprue > cut from sprue > assembled > primed > painted

The more bits and options you leave your buyer with the better.

Crowsfoot likes this.