1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. New army book vs. 1500 DE

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by vict0988, Aug 12, 2013.

1. vict0988
    Cold One

vict0988 Member

My friends are getting back into fantasy, so i decided to try and dust of the lizardmen, and try out the new book.

We deployed in a battleline. The terrain was as follows: in the left right corner was a forest, in the left side on the middle of the board there was a large hill with a river sorrounding it, then right in the middle were another hill, then top right we had another forest, at the bottom right there were a set of fences, and then a house in the right of the middle. but none of the terrain really came into play, exept for the house in the right of the middle.

i started depoying my 2 units of 10 skink skirmishers in the middle while he deployed his 2 units of 30 spearmen in the middle facing my skinks, then i deployed my terradons a little bit more to the right of the middle, he then deployed his 8 cold one knights at the top right, which i responded to by putting down my 3 ripperdactyls putting the toad marker on his knights. Then he put down his Xbowmen at the top left, and his boltthrower inbetween his Knights and his spearmen, while i finally put down my 40 man saurus horde. Then he put his BSB in the left unit of spearmen and his level 4 in the right unit, having his assasing hiding in one of them. I then put my scar-vet BSB and my oldblood general in my horde, and my skink priest in the left most unit of skinks. Deployment was then ended by me scouting my 2 units of 5 chameleons behind his Xbowmen, and then vanguarding the terradons up a little bit.

He got the first turn moved up a bit with his spearmen, and casting bladewind on my skinks killing all but 1 of them, my skink priest surviving unscratched. His shooting did nothing of value.

My first turn i fly over one of his spearmen units with my terradons to drop rocks on them and ready for charging his bollt thrower, i also move my 10 skinks and 40 saurus forward, my ripperdactyls hid behind the house on the right making sure they could not be charged meaning he would be flank charged if he were to move out, and he was out of range for a charge which made for a stallmate. My chameleons moved up to his Xbowmen, and shot at them. My priest did nothing of signifigance. That ended my turn.

Next turn he moved up further with his main army, trying to move his knights closer but it was all but impossible, without them opening up a flank for my ripperdactyls. I was able to use my dispell scroll against one of his bigger spells. His shooting again did nothing big.

My next turn i charge with my terradons into his warmachine, and try a dual charge with my horde against his two units but he elects to flee. I am slowly getting his Xbowmen down in size. My magic once again doing nothing for me.

His turn he managed to rally his troops, he was able to kill my wizard with his magic and pretty much destroy the wizards entire unit.

My turn, i move up my saurus a little bit. Nothing much happens in the shooting phase, however i do manage to kill his last Xbowmen.

His turn he marches his spearmen right up in my face. He manages to move his cold ones up in such a way where he can flank my saurus, and is in the front ark of the ripperdactyls. His magic is beginning to take its toll on the saurus which are down to about 25 left.

My turn, i charge my ripperdactyls into his knights, and my saurus into his 2 units of spearmen. The ripperdactyls get smacked around leaving only 1 wound left on a single ripper, which then kills a single knight. Luckily within my generals leadership i was able to stick around and therefore prevent a flank charge. My saurus having been hit with a nasty hex were reduced to ws 1 and was therefore largely harmless to his spearmen. His assasin foolishly thought he could assasinate my oldblood, which didnt even take a single wound due to the oldbloods 1+ rerollable save. The oldblood with the aid of some rank and files where then able to kill the assasin.

The following turns was pretty much a bloody grind. He managed to once again cast the ws 1 hex, but i was able to kill his level 4. It ultimately ended when his knights were finally able to come into my flank, and win and run down my remaining 10 saurus and the 2 characters.

I had lost my 40 saurus, 3 characters and ripperdactyls, while he had lost his level 4, his Xbowmen and his bolt thrower.

Hope you liked my very first battle report, sorry for poor spelling and grammar :)