1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here (and in the warhammer world :P)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ashtoreth, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Ashtoreth
    Skink

Ashtoreth New Member

Hi everyone!

So, I've been lurking in the world the War Hammer since years, but honestly never started playing or even buying a army per say (I got a few units here and there to paint, but its been ages...)
    Now, I'm with my boyfriend since 2 years and he used to play a lot before...well before he had me :p (no seriously, we just didn't have the time) Which we now, kinda do ... (in between dog training, my work at the vet, his school and work... yea we're still busy , we just wanted something to do at home )

So, about me... I'm 27, I used to work in video Games (no seriously, I tested and designed a few :p) but after getting tired of the impossible deadlines, crappy work conditions and shit-eating pay... I decided to go where my heart always been, Animals. I now work in a Emergency Veterinary Clinic and I train dogs for Search And Rescue, and High Risk Situation. I have a Husky named Titus and I skijor in the winter (that would be, cross country skiing with him in a harness, like dog sledding, minus the sled, it's fun, you should try it sometime) and in the summer, same thing, minus the skis. I also used to do MMA (mostly the Muay Thai part, I wasn't much into the whole grappling , I'm more a "Kick-in-the-face-and-break-elbow" type of gal'.

Now instead of boring you with my life, here`s the goodies ;)

After some debating between Chaos (which my boyfriend already play, so not really for me, he has a 10k points army already) Dark Elves (too goth for my taste :p), Wood Elves (tree huger could be fun.....but) Lizard Men won me over with the possibility of many fun colours and I like the whole "Aztec" feel to it.

As you can see, I'm mostly a painter, less of a gamer, but I'm actually going to play this time (and probably get my self utterly humiliated by my oh-so-much-more-experienced-than-me boyfriend... but one day... I hope I'll kick his pitiful Chaos arse back where it belongs! ;)

So, like every good consumer whore, I followed the trend and bough the Battalion box and a few other goodies (aka, the Codex, a Salamander Hunting Pack, and a Saurus Oldblood on foot as a lord)
    I paint with mostly P3 right now(with a few Vallejo and Citadel (ink), but I'm getting the Vallejo box soon-ish .

I don't really follow the whole "put one colour scheme for the whole damn army" mind set, since in my mind, lizards are colourful, so some units might have the same color schemes, but not all (like, my salamander wont be the same colour are the skinks, and so on)

Next on my "buy-when-I-get-the-Cash" list is the Lord on a Carnosaur, and the Stegadon with engine of gods as well as a Mage-Priest. (But this might change as I'm easily prone to....well.. Change... new goodies are for me like a laser pointer dot on the floor/wall is for a cat :p)

Thats about it

I'll post pics of my skinks regiment when its done (or maybe just a few...)

Gen.

2. Deadlock
    Jungle Swarm

Deadlock New Member

Well Ashtoreth , i can tell u one thing i own a chaos army and they are strong believe me the only thing that's fun to paint and are equal or even surpass the chaos warriors when it comes to magic are the lizard men and when it comes to magic they can probably kill anything they want to. So i suggest u get lizard men and get a slann mage priest or some kind of wizard to go with it

3. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

welcome to the forums :D im sure you'll find everything here very useful. and since you mentioned you're more into painting, i suggest you check out our painting and converting section. there are some very gifted painters on this site so maybe they'll give you some inspiration! again, welcome to lustria online :)

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Greetings, welcome to the board and congratulations on choosing the superior race! :p

Heh heh, my cats go absolutely ballistic for the laser pointer, it is hilarious. Well, two of them do anyway. One that is a bit older and wiser barely even looked at the dot and seemed to know it was coming from my hand.

It is actually quite the norm to paint different creatures in the LM army different colours, so you won't be out of place at all if you make the salamander completely different. It definitely adds a great dimension to the LM, the only creatures that are usually uniform in colour are the more humanoid skinks, saurus (TG) and kroxigor. Beyond that, other creatures should be completely different colours!

In my experience, new gamers tend to beat veterans against the odds. Call it beginners luck. Anyway, post a list and look through our tactics forum and I am sure you will enjoy the games anyway. I look forward to seeing some of your painted models. :)

5. rickie_82
    Saurus

rickie_82 New Member

Ohh stand up can be fun but it's the submissions you have better use of in daily life.... or not daily maybe but when the situation appears.... used to happen to me a little to often so I moved and picked up warhammer ^^

On the LM part, LM seems to be a viable list that can handle anything. One of my regular oponents also plays WoC, I have massecerd him in all my 1on1 games (1 draw in a 2vs2). But then Again I massacerd him twice with nightgoblins also, without the cool squigs and fanatics.... maybe he just sucks, but I prefer to think of him as the best chaos general of all times, makes my ego bigger.

Nha gonna go back to watching eastwood and drinking beer, happy hunting.

6. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

hehe, Welcome to the jungles...

I wish I could count how many times you said like, but im too lazy

7. Ashtoreth
    Skink

Ashtoreth New Member

woa... your right I sound like some crappy teenage girl... mwahhaha

8. Hatchling
    Skink

Hatchling New Member

She said it 5 times, I was bored But on a more relevent point
    Welcome, I'm in the same boat when it comes to warhammer experience :D

9. Ashtoreth
    Skink

Ashtoreth New Member

hehe 5 isnt that bad, I can always be all teenage girl and act this way :

OMG ...like, have you seen the new twilight trailer? like.... wow... omfg...squee*insert blond ass dance here* :mad:

10. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

ugh Twilight *shudders* corrupting the image of vampires and werewolves. ah but that is another topic for another time

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen the new Twilight trailer, looks great!

Clicky
    :D

Also, to be honest, the 5 'likes' weren't really all teenagery in their context. Eh.

12. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Welcome to the site (a little late)! Hope you enjoy the discussion!

13. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Welcome to the site, glad to have another player posting army lists and such. Well, have fun with the lizardmen, I consider them one of the strongest and most balanced armies in the game. (In that it takes equal skill and natural ass-kicking to win)

Good Luck.