1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hobbyist, Excited to Join

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VekSaken, Mar 18, 2017.

1. VekSaken
    Jungle Swarm

VekSaken New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been involved with nerdy stuff for a really long time, but I've never tried miniatures. About three years ago I really started to admire the miniatures in my local gaming store, but I wasn't really sure where to start. I knew I liked Fantasy over 40K, but I couldn't pick an army.

A few months later, I found a 2008 edition battle tome for the Lizard Men in a thrift store, and I loved them. I thought they were the coolest thing. When I went back to the game store, the customer service rep told me GW was wrapping a series called the End Times, so he suggested I wait until we see what the fall out is, in terms of the lore of the game, from this series.

Well, now here we are in the Age of Sigmar, and I still think the Seraphon are awesome three years later. Now I'm halfway through grad school, but with the light at the end of tunnel, I decided to buy the Seraphon battletome and start learning about the new Lore for the Lizard men.

Here I am. Eager to learn, collect, paint, and kick ass for the glory of the old ones. And lose a lot too, but that's part of the game. ;)

Nice to meet you all,

Vek-Saken

Ritual, Scalenex, BeardyGecko and 6 others like this.
  2. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to lustria and to the plastic crack this hobby is full of. This forumis loaded woth plentey of skilled hobbyist ranging from tactics, painting and modeling. In my experience this is also one of the most friendly sites out there. Looking forward to seeing your work and it too late to warn you i to started this hobby with only lizards in mind but that sweet call of the gray is far stonger than one realises and now im collecting 5 orso armies and thinking of more....well welcome to the addiction!!!!

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Post up your army when you get some pics. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Lots of grewt AOS Generals on here.

Ritual and VekSaken like this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! We have resources for painting and fluff and are willing to help you on gameplay for any lizard including games including Kings of War, 8th edition, 9th Age, Age of Sigmar, and Blood Bowl.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  7. VekSaken
    Jungle Swarm

VekSaken New Member

What is Kings of War? I've seen it posted here, but I don't know what that means.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  8. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party!

VekSaken likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

A fre to play game, with options to buy. Plays differently from GW properties, but you could use any models, to make the units up.

VekSaken likes this.