1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Incandescent Rectrices

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arawn, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Arawn
    Saurus

Arawn Member

Hi guys!

Just a question about the new incandescent rectrices.
    I don't have the exact wording with me now, but from what I read, I understood that when a wound would kill the Hero, we roll a dice, on a 3+, we cancel the wound and heal of 1D6.

Let's imagine that my Hero has 1 wound remaining, he's attacked and the ennemy inflict 10 damages.
    The first damage is ignored by the artefact.but what about the 9 others? Do we cancel them? or my hero can be killed by the remaining wounds? And in that case the artefact is useless...

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You ignore the first killing wound then roll a D6 on a +3 heal D6 wounds.

So the first unsaved wound would kill him leaving 9 more wounds that need save rolls after you apply the D6 heal?

Or do you roll all 10 and count the wounds then minus the 1 for the Artefact and the D6 heal?

The Artefact isn't useless as it gives you 1 + D6 heal chance where as no Artefact he is dead.

3. Arawn
    Saurus

Arawn Member

I would chose this option. But we agree that we don't just ignore the remaining wounds, we still need to allocate them at the hero?
    True it is not useless, I am just a bit disapointed :(

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Yeah I think you do as it says "Roll a dice the first time a wound is allocated to the bearer that would slay them" nothing about disregarding other allocated wounds

Arawn likes this.
  5. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

And that’s why I’m rolling a unit of saurus guard + eternity warden (he takes onboard wounds for the slaan) so effectively you get an even spread (in your example of 10 wounds allocated - take on maybe harness of those for the warden (he has 7 wounds if I’m correct) so he can still live on - and potentially save a few himself, then doll the rest on the slaan - hope reticles works in your favour and save the rest.