1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Orruk Models... PICTURES

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 18, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

For those interested...

2e21ec27de688c7270c4f27d5ce62006_5394.jpg 6a441ebbac497e2a660841e49a3be6b3_5394.jpg 7a2754b509a9548cc69983cd3aa484c8_5394.jpg 01620a8d19be06e7b5472c6983eb1251_5394.jpg 1460983257427.jpg ceae41f8e4fed88a9c4a50842963379b_5394.jpg d8fe6b980aeeaef267c9c18cdbffdfc1_5394.jpg d44aaaa0137d9758ee5c2d7225149de5_5394.jpg

spawning of Bob, Bowser and n810 like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Still not a fan of their paint scheme,
    and some strange design choices...
    like the sword tusk..?
    and with all the armor the look a bit more 40k.

3. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I'm in love with that dragon! But I do agree about the armour...it looks like they almost made Orruk terminator armour.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

These guys look awesome! Paint scheme is a little off, but I think they look cool.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think I figured out was is so off,
    they made their skin light green rather than the traditional dark green.

6. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Paint scheme on the Maw Crusher rider is better with that black

n810 likes this.
  7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Which beastie is the Maw Crusher?

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Since when have any Orkcs gone for bright yellow enamel painted armor? It isn't just the lime green skin making these scream 40K — bright yellow is very Space Marine-esque, very chapter approved.

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I did mention that earlier...
    might have been another thread though.

But yea, just look at the older ones.
    [​IMG]

Crowsfoot likes this.
  10. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I want 3 of those. I do not want to pay for 3 of them though! Haha!

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm not a fan of this release at all with the exception of that mount. It looks pretty good in this photo.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  13. pendrake
    Skink Priest

OK, what are those lesser beasties supposed to be? they have a name?

14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I love my orks, err orruks but I really do like them, the paint scheme is shite, sorry but it is GW look like they are trying to make orruks so far apart from orks that they have lost all the personality of what they were, I'm not even thinking using them for AOS but using them in KOW, traditional paint scheme and I think you have some great models.

Slanputin and Bowser like this.
  15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

They look great I have these.

Bowser likes this.
  16. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

This really shows how GW are trying to bring in the 40K peeps. This all just screams space Orks. I think the colours are from the Flash Gitz?

Other than that I think they look real nice! I'm allmost tempted to start them in a new army should they all be the caliber of the maw crusher.

Slanputin and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A couple of things bug me about the release. First off, I'm "worried" that they are too big in the sense that they wouldn't look good next to the previous Orc models. Secondly (and more importantly), if Sigmarines are wearing Power Armour, it would appear that these Orruks have stumbled upon terminator armour.

Bingo!

18. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

HA. Yes, this is my main misgiving about the models.Fortunately it's one easily rectified.

I actually quite like this release overall. In the least it's something other than Chaos/Sigmarines - following the release of the first Realmgate book I was hoping for a Sylvaneth release at one point :'(

The things I'm unsure about are:

a) the new armour. I don't hate it, and the higher resolution images make it seem less space marine than I initially feared, but it does seem to continue the trend of bulky-fantasy-power armour. What would a Seraphon release be, Saurus ensconced in garish plaques and bone? Armour does have a precedence in Orks though - the 'Ardboys née Black Orcs being the best example. I would prefer if it was just a little more scavenger-esque than roughly-hewn-knight-esque.

b) the Maw-crusha/Wyvern. I like how the Orcs have name for it themselves, but let's not call a spade a giga-trowel. Other than that, it's just prefer the lithe-design of the Azhag wyvern. That being said it's certainly very Orrukish. I don't hate it.

c) the proportions on the boars seem a little...off. I think it the design choices are the most oddest here - the boar's sword-teeth (have they jammed blades into their teeth? cool but it's not exactly obvious); the huge beards they seem to be wearing look ridiculous; and the less-than-dynamic pose, I don't need every model to be dynamic but it hardly speaks enraged-avatars-of-destruction.

d) the colour scheme. lols.

I don't think it's a bad release. My favourite model is definitely the weirdnob shaman (maybe he should see a doctor?)

Apparently they're bigger than the regular Orc but still nowhere near Ogre size. So take from that what you will..

Bowser, Crowsfoot and Freddy25 like this.
  19. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Mmh... As always, from when AoS has been released, I find some models marvelous and other terrible.
    The Maw Crusher is beautiful, obviously, as the majority of the other miniatures, but
    - I don't know what to think about the mounts: the one with its mouth closed is nice, but is the only one, to me;
    - the shaman has a "necromancer pose", or am I wrong?
    - the model with both its arms lifted is static and reminds me of the Beastmen...
    ...and all that yellow!! What the heck is all this yellow? This color scheme succeeds in making good miniatures look bad!

20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think they look awesome, and sure they're bigger but so are my new Kroxigor compares to the old ones, and my new stegadon compared to the metal one, such is progress. A better paint scheme would have sold this release better though.

Slanputin, Phoedinn and Crowsfoot like this.