1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player with old Army needs guidance 1k and 2k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by MrSkeenk, Apr 9, 2018.

1. MrSkeenk
    Jungle Swarm

MrSkeenk New Member

Hello all, I have not played AoS since it was warhammer 6th edition and am really looking forward to dusting off my old collection of lizardmen, errr, Seraphon to get back into it. The only trouble I am having is knowing what I should be aiming for to add to my collection and what are good lists I can make while getting stuff I do not have. Ill list my units and hopefully you guys can comment on a 1k list and 2k list and tell me what models I need to get as they are too good to not have.

2 Slann
    1 Engine of the Gods
    1 Stegadon with Xbow
    40 Suarus with Spears/ 40 with Clubs
    6 Metal pteradactyl riders
    12 Skink Handlers
    40 Skinks
    20 Chameleon Skinks

I have ordered A bastiladon as It looks amazing and the prism looks crazy. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

2. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

I think you really need BASTILIDON and that's probably it if you just use the slann for spells (though for versatility at 1k it might be nice to get starpreist instead to save the points).

You can make an effective army out of:

Slann 260 (at 1k I'd rather go 80 for starpreist and then put my points toward bastilidon or a carnosaur/stegadon)
    40 warriors 360
    40 skinks 200
    10 more warriors 100 (third battleline)
    80 leftover so whatever you can fit (I like razordons, getting two would be a nice bonus)

at 2k

Slann 260
    40 warrior 360
    40 warrior 360
    40 skink 200
    Stegadon 240
    Bastilidon 280

300 for whatever else you like

3. MrSkeenk
    Jungle Swarm

MrSkeenk New Member

Im keen on cold one knights, are they worth it you think?

4. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

They’re as good as the other 10 warriors or for any random 100 battleline unit. And you can make a list where knights are serviceable by using the serpent staff. But I leave my knights out most games, to be honest. The horde bonuses to skinks and warriors make them more effective in the games I’ve played.