1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Rules up for Dread Saurian

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Sonofnocturne, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Sonofnocturne
    Skink

Sonofnocturne New Member

Seraphage likes this.
  2. Sonofnocturne
    Skink

Sonofnocturne New Member

Raking claws got a huge buff also as they start at a flat 10 hits instead of 2d6 and now are 3+ instead of 4+ to hit and have 2” range instead of 1”!

Seraphage likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

hate to spoil the party, but this is nerfed. maybe more balanced, MAYBE. but defeinitly a nerf. literally healing half as much, lost 2 rend on jaws, lost one 1 to bravery debuff. and all at a 40 point increase. only consolation prize is the damage should be more consistent....but lower.

4. Sonofnocturne
    Skink

Sonofnocturne New Member

Go back and compare. He is healing more now actually (it was D3 before only if wounding in combat now it’s automatically), and although he lost rend with jaws, he picked up more rend with a much better raking claws. He picked up a tail attack and now has a 24” aura ability, which although minor is helpful for all skink units.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that heal allowed him to heal in both players turns... not just our hero phase.... I did read it :)

6. Sonofnocturne
    Skink

Sonofnocturne New Member

Ahh I see now. I would consider that ability pretty much to be about the same seeing as he can heal wounds outside of combat now.
    The decrease of the jaws rend and the decrease of the battleshock does put a damper on things but overall I think the points increase with the changes is justified.

Seraphage likes this.
  7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

we shall have to agree to disagree lol. hes still gonna eat the shit out of whatever you aim him at!

Sonofnocturne likes this.
  8. Zargore
    Skink

Zargore New Member

He now have MONSTER and SERAPHON keywords, finally some consistency in the FW and GW rules

Seraphage, ILKAIN and Sonofnocturne like this.
  9. Jaroloth
    Jungle Swarm

Jaroloth New Member

This is a huge buff for 40 pts. One thing I've learned from 40k. Number of attacks > damage. The auto pass battleshock for skinks is HUGE in the list I run. The healing could be taken as a nerfi-sh In some perspectives but as far as the thunderquake list ive been rampaging him in within my meta with since starting AOS a month ago. The -1 to bravery is no big deal imo. We have enough units to debuff opponents bravery.

Good lord! Ahhhhhhh Its a buff for me boys and girls especially in the lists i plan on and have been using him in. The stars have heard my prayers!, rejoice! I am beyond ecstatic.

Sonofnocturne likes this.
  10. Sonofnocturne
    Skink

Sonofnocturne New Member

I think the healing is kind of a wash, just different mechanics than before. The changes to the raking claws is absolutely a huge buff with increasing number of attacks and also increasing the to hit are enough to warrant a point increase.