1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Seraphon army, 15 point (new to aos)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Voff, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

Hi,

Returning to Warhammer after a long long break (10+ years), lots have changed. Previously I played 40K but with the more similar skirmish style AoS I've decided to give it another go, but this time AoS (obviously).

I've decided I want to play Seraphon/Lizardmen but I dont really know what type of units I want to field. Currently I'm thinking about buying the new, to be released, "Start Collecting!: Seraphon" which includes the following units:
    1x Oldblood on Carnosaur
    8x Saurus Knights
    12x Saurus Warriors

I really like the look of the different Saurus units (especially the temple guards) so I really want to include them in my army. Lurking around here seems everybody is fielding Slann priest/Kroak as their generals. Do you think it's a waste buying this starter?

The box costs around 50€ at my local store.

Would really appreciate any input. Also if someone has a good idea of paiting scheme that would be very much welcomed, currently leaning towards to the "on-the-box" colors, looks like it's easy to paint.

EDIT: A bit missleading title, I went off track a bit as I began to write this one.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Buy this starter! It's a fantastic deal! The old blood on Carnosaur is an incredible monster hunter. Then add to it! Get those temple guard. Brilliant defensively or offensively. Buy yhe slann or Kroak when you can, but ultimately you will do alright without in the meantime. Just need a few more shooters. Skinks, salamanders, razordons whatever you like.

3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

That would set you off for a good offensive army. You'd want to invest either in Knights or Warriors after this depending on whether or not you favour speed or resilience, but either way I think a regular Slann would be a good purchase for you too as its supportive abilities and command ability are brilliant for this sort of army.

4. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

Thanks for the input! I'll be sure to get the box then :)

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

The starter set is a fantastic deal, with the Carny you get the parts for a Trog so you can effectively build both with a bit of modelling and imagination.
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/troglodon-conversion.14723/

The colour schemes GW work so if you like that go for it, get some pics up once you get some painted.

Edit: The starter set is such a good deal I'm getting it next month, even though I don't need it, it will be for converting etc

6. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

The starter set is a great deal, however if you are only planing on playing with the models that the vox comes with you woumd be missing on a lot of synergies.

With the carnosaur kit you can also use the skink as a skink/star priest and than you can conpliment yiur army with a box of templeguard, and a slan that would make for a solid army.

7. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, using a slann that is! What skink/star priest form the carnousaur kit you are talking about?

8. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

If you decide to build the carnosaur instead of the troglodon, than you can use the skink that goes on top of the troglodon as a skink/starpriest. You just need a base to make him stan on @Kasper Lindholm

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

Cool, cheers!

10. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

The Carnosaur box gives you all the pieces to make a Troglodon which is ridden by a skink priest. So if you make the Carnosaur with Oldblood, then you should be left with a free skink priest; if you make the troglodon, then you should be left with an Oldblood on foot =)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  11. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

Oh! That's cool. I'll have to figure out what I want, seems like you can do tons of cool stuff from the carno model.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  12. Voff
    Skink

Voff Member

edit: somehow double posted.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  13. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

ya that set is such a good deal!! im getting one and once you begin to make your army post them in a blog, i always enjoy seeing whats others can do ^-^

tom ndege and Crowsfoot like this.