1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New spawning

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Raven_sco, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Raven_sco
    Jungle Swarm

Raven_sco New Member

Hi all, just joined this forum after getting a good few seraphon during the holidays.
    been steadily building them up, (2 SC boxes, eternity warden, saurus guard, slann and chamelion skinks)

my question is in the building of the units that can build battalions.
    from the above i can build a firelance and an eternal starhost.
    would it be beter to build battalion and have 3 units of 5 saurus guard or just go with 1 unit of 15 and no battalion?
    same for the knights?

I know they are differnet play styles, but would be interested to hear from seasoned generals opinions on wheter these units are better in a battalion as minimum units size or without extra battlion rules in a more sustainable unit?

cheers

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

Glad to hear you're joining the ranks of the Servants of the Old Ones. Congrats on all the new kits. In terms of army builds for AoS I favor bringing battalions. Being able to adjust drop counts during deployment, the extra Artefact, and bonus command point are too good for me to pass up in most cases. The battalion rules are frequently secondary to the aforementioned benefits, except for Shadowstrike :D

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Raven_sco
    Jungle Swarm

Raven_sco New Member

Thanks, I'm just getting to the stage if building saurus guard and have built alpha drummer and banner, then started to think, do I build another two each of these for three squads or do i build rest as normal guard. Then my brain got thinking same for the knights who arnt started yet

LizardWizard likes this.