1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to 2K list building

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Virgooth, May 2, 2017.

1. Virgooth
    Jungle Swarm

Virgooth New Member

Ive recently bought a load of old models from a friend and have quite an extensive list for a reasonable price and was looking for some help with list building. the units I have are as follows

3 x Stegadon
    1x EotG
    24x Saurus Knights
    3x Slann Starmaster
    5x Salamaders
    15x Skink Handlers
    7x Terradon
    25x Saurus Warriors
    2x Skink Priests
    1x Astrolith Bearer
    34x Skinks with various weapons
    1x Bastiladon
    42x Saurus Guard

Also looking for advice on other units to buy within either the Seraphon army or The Order allegiance that will go well with the army

Many thanks

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

My recommendation for units to buy that will work well:
    Celestial Hurricanum you should be able to make a couple of battlemages from that,
    Kurnoth hunters
    Another Bastiladon
    Gryph-Hound
    Seraphon Start collecting kit. Build the Carno, make the Oracle into a skink chief and make one of the knights into a scar-vet on cold one.
    Chameleons

With what you have:
    Leaders
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Slann Starmaster (260)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (80)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80)
    10 x Skinks (80)

Units
    3 x Salamanders (180)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    3 x Terradons (140)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)
    Stegadon (260)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

Total: 2000/2000

Not perfect, but should be fairly effective. Gives you some great monster mashing possibilities with the thunderquake, and decent damage output.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Fruzzle likes this.
  3. Fruzzle
    Skink

Fruzzle Member

From your available models a kind of monster mash is probably best, which puts you into the Thunder Quake battalion.
    Your collection is just missing a couple of models for ''optimal'' builds (e.g. the second basil, or the chameleon skinks, or the Templeguard Hero (forgot his name).

What I'd use as the basis of the list is:

Slann
    EOTG
    3x10 Skinks
    3x Salamanders + 3 Handlers
    Stegadon
    Bastiladon
    Thunderquake Battalion.

This puts you on 1640 points, leaving 360 spare to do as you please. The core is very Solid (tough changing Steg for Bastil would be nice).
    However, this core really needs to stick together so you're going to either need something to plow through opposition OR go around them. this core is also short on heroes (three places of power!) so I'd propose:

1x Stegadon
    1x Skink Priest

2000/2000.

This gets you solid shooting and solid close combat. I'd probably run the priest with the cloack instead of the trappings as you already have re-roll from slann and formation and 4+ And high movement makes the priest very survivable. The shooting from the staff isn't too bad either.

I'd love to include the 6 pteradons in a shadow strike (preferably with bola's) but there just aren't enough points. Also, the shadow strike plays best with chameleon skinks and you don't have any at the moment.

I'd recommend you to get the second bastiladon and convert some chameleon skinks (Easist is just buy normal skinks, cut of the headcrest and paint them green. If you're good with converting heating and bending the tail further differentiates them from normal skinks!) and get the temple guard hero. Than you have 3 solid formations

(Shadow Strike + Eternal Starhost is pretty good for example)

@Bowser; did you forget to include the Pteradons? you have the shadowstrike but no Pteradons. Am I missing/misremembering something?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Son of a... edited.

Fruzzle likes this.
  5. Fruzzle
    Skink

Fruzzle Member

Thank for making me chuckle early in the morning :)

Bowser likes this.