1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to Age Of Sigmar and Seraphon.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Uldakh, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Uldakh
    Jungle Swarm

Uldakh New Member

I want to join in on my local shops Path of Glory Campaign i just recently bought the SC box for Seraphon but im not sure what else ill need to enter. any suggestions on unit combos and strategies as well?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I don't think they have path to glory for Seraphon. Are they house ruling this?

3. Uldakh
    Jungle Swarm

Uldakh New Member

i just found out that they are ill have to go down to the shop and see whats what i had no idea

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I imagine it will be oldblood or oldblood on carnosaur as the leader. I say ramdomly roll the rest of your troops and have fun with that. You may surprise yourself!

Tozon likes this.
  5. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

I'd give the store a shout and ask if they have rules for Seraphon or if you can make some up for them if not. But yeah what Bowser said about the oldblood & roll.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Uldakh
    Jungle Swarm

Uldakh New Member

if it is old blood stationary what weapons do you guys recommend on him? i was thinking spears all the way even on my saurus warriors also should i have the war drum unit along with alpha talon and star drake icon? i read a lot of people recommend the troglodon what are your views on this? i wont know the info for the house ruling till i go down friday.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Spear is a good choice for the old blood. I prefer clubs and shields for my saurus, but spears can be just as good.
    Always take Alpha, drummer, and icon or ful command (FC for short) eveb if you rarely use the abilities the FC options cost nothing, and add a bit of variety to the looks of your models and an extra attack.

8. Raptor_00
    Skink

Raptor_00 Member

Always full command. The drummer lets you march (basically a guaranteed 5" run). The champion gives the extra attack so more attacks is always better. The standard adds 1 to the bravery roll of enemies taking battleshock near by, which is amazing when you need to tear apart a unit quicker.

I'm with Bowser on clubs and shields. Spears wound on 4+ instead of 3+ like the clubs do so you'll deal less wounds with spears. I haven't found the extra 1" range to be that useful as I'm not running huge blocks of infantry where i'm 2 ranks thick all the time. Mostly I'll not have 1 or 2 guys out of 10 that can't attack on the first pile in. By the next round those 2 Saurus can either pile in around, or fill gaps from dead Saurus and get in combat that way. I don't personally think the spears are worth it unless you are running a huge block of them. But I won't do that for a number of reasons, mostly though I don't want to move 40 guys in one unit, which is when spears would really shine.

Bowser likes this.