1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. New to Fantasy 2000 Point List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by GFdoubles, Apr 9, 2016.

1. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Hello there everyone, I am new to this site as well as Fantasy. I have played 40k for several years but I have always wanted to give Fantasy a try. I have played a few mock battles with some friends, and I am familiar with the rules. I've always loved Lizardmen and have been collecting an army off of ebay and other sites. Although my gaming group mostly plays 40k there are a few Fantasy players within it and I would like to know if this is a good starting list for a 2000 point game against a Skaven or Bretonnia player. Right now this is mostly what I have model-wise excluding an Oldblood, about ten more skinks and an additional Skink Priest.

Slaan Mage-Priest- 450
    Focus of Mystery - 35
    Harmonic Convergence- 30
    Becalming Cogitation- 25
    Reservoir of Eldritch Energy- 20
    BSB with Banner of Discipline- 40

Skink Priest- 90
    Lore of Beasts
    Dispel Scroll- 25

Saurus Scar Veteran- 140
    Light Armor- 6
    Shield- 4
    Piranha Blade- 50

Saurus Warriors (30)-330
    Spears
    FC- 30

Saurus Warriors (18) - 228
    HWShield
    FC- 30

Skink Skirmishers (10) - 70
    Lustrian Javelins/Shield

Skink Skirmishers (10) – 70
    Lustrian Javelins/Shield

Temple Guard (20) – 375
    FC- 30
    Jaguar Standard- 50
    Gold Sigil Sword- 15

Stegadon- 245
    Sharpened Horns-20
    Unstoppable Stampede- 10

Total Points- 1,998

I have thought about dropping the Stampede, Gold Sigil Sword, and maybe something else to make my Scar Vet a cowboy on a Cold One. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions!

2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

One thing the army list is illegal :bag: (unless you play end times). Your commander choices total 560pts, and you can only have 500pts (25% of the total). Other wise it looks like a pretty good list!

3. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Oh whoops thanks for letting me know I forgot about those restrictions. What would you suggest dropping to bring the points down?

4. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Also, I was reading in the rule book and it says you can spend up to 25% on Lords and 25% on Heroes. So does that mean this list is legal because my Slann is only 450 points out of 500 I have for Lords, and then my Skink Priest and Scar Vet together are only 230 points out of the 500 I get for Heroes. Let me know if I am reading that right!

5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Wait, just realized, how is the slann 450pts by itself? Is it not 300 without upgrades?
    Any ways, what I usually take for the slann is:
    • Old ones Disciplines: Harmonic convergence (+2 dice channeling), transcendent healing (every single friendly magic phase you get a pretty good chance of being healed), and focus of mystery (loremaster). I don´t take the becalming cogitation one because its 25 pts for only one. Not worth it for me.
    This makes the slann already be 425 pts, very good for casting and will survive a while (together with the 1st spell of high magic the slann won´t die unless he suffers from killing blow)
    • Magical objects: I just take channelling stuff and egg of quango in case he is attacked in close combat
    So this is a high magic lore master slann, who can heal an average of 1 wound every 1 or 2 turns, who can channel with 3 dice on a 5+ (one assured, you really need to be unlucky to not channel. This kinda replaces the Reservoir of Eldrich Energy discipline and is 5pts cheaper) and with a little surprise in case of danger. This totals the slann to 470pts, with 30 more for the standard (or ignore the egg of quango and get 60pts for the standard).

The banner of discipline is 15pts, not 40!

6. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Oh you mean it´s 450 with the upgrades, sorry, then it is legal ;). Sorry, my mistake

7. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Not a problem and thank you for the suggestions, I was thinking of the channeling staff and I think I am gonna take that over Becalming Cogitation, I like the Reservoir though for the almost guaranteed extra die. I like Transcendent Healing and the Egg but I dont think they quite work with what I am going for in the list, I want the Slann to mainly be hurling magic missiles or buffing with Hand of Glory instead of healing himself and others, although Apotheosis is great for that. And yea I know about the banner but to be a BSB its 25pts right, and then the banner makes it 40 lol. Also, I took the Gold Sigil Sword and Stampede off for a Cold One for my Scar Vet, I will post the new list in a moment.

Jorgik likes this.
  8. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Here is the new list with your suggestions and some other minor changes, had a few points left over so gave my Skink Priest a ward save. My plan is to have the priest go in one block of Saurus, Slann in Temple Guard, and then Scar Vet goes character/war machine hunting. Let me know what you think overall:

Slaan Mage-Priest- 440
    -Focus of Mystery
    -Harmonic Convergence
    -Reservoir of Eldritch Energy
    -Channeling Staff
    -BSB with Banner of Discipline

Skink Priest- 105
    -Lore of Beasts
    -Dispel Scroll
    -Talisman of Protection

Saurus Scar Veteran- 160
    -Light Armor