1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to Seraphon 1K List (SC Box)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by timmy124, Dec 23, 2019.

1. timmy124
    Jungle Swarm

timmy124 New Member

Hi guys,

My friend and I have recently gotten into AoS, and have picked up an SC box each. I grabbed the dino-bois and he's purchased the new StD box.

I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the SC Seraphon box, and it looks like another one is a great bang for buck buy (especially being based in Aus where GW prices are ridiculous). However reading a lot of threads etc. it looks like I should be heading for a list built around Slann and summoning.

What I wanted to ask is if something like this is viable at 1k (will obviously have to pick up Slann + summoning if we do go further)?

I'm undecided on the Oldblood on foot v the Scar-Vet on Cold one, and can obviously split the 3x5 knights groups into smaller ones to get more objectives etc. Thinking the Scar-Vet might be the way to go and I can run the knights as a 15-man blob with lots of additional rolls?

I'm yet to pick up a battletome or anything like that yet, so I believe the relics are not the best choice.

++ **Pitched Battle** 1,000 (Order - Seraphon) [980pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Allegiance
    . Allegiance: Seraphon

+ Leader +

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur [240pts]: 3. Blade of Realities, Celestite Warblade

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One [100pts]

Skink Starpriest [80pts]: 1. Master of Star Rituals, 4. Meteoric Convocation, General

+ Behemoth +

Troglodon [140pts]

+ Battleline +

Saurus Knights [240pts]: 3x 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Lance, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

Saurus Warriors [180pts]: 2x 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Spear, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

++ Total: [980pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Thanks in advance!

2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Hey there Timmy! Glad to see you've made the best choice there is as an army. Seraphon is great, and we're rumored to be getting a fresh book early in the new year, so don't by the glorified list of warscrolls from GW! I think you've got a solid list, but I might say to drop the two units of saurus warriors and take the Firelance Starhost, which you can find as part of the Generals Handbook 2019, which will also have everything you need for extended Allegiance abilities and spells!

Otherwise, I think it's a great start for you.

3. timmy124
    Jungle Swarm

timmy124 New Member

Thanks for the advice!

You think the ability to add 3 to any run/charge rolls + the extra mortals on 6's is worth swapping 20x warriors to hold objectives/tarpit?
    I'm just considering that I'll be playing against StD mainly and might be able to tie up a champion or elite unit while my units chew through his warriors.

Will definitely avoid buying the battletome for now and hold out - but sounds like I should be purchasing the GHB 2019?

Thanks again.

4. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Yes, the GHB is invaluable at this time, and also has many of the scenarios you may play.

As for the Sauras, the Battaltion also allows you to drop all those knights and the carno at once during deployment, which can be pretty powerful for deciding whether you want first or second turn. Sauras also don't really have a lot of staying power, despite immunity to -1 rend and a 10 Leadership. More often than not, weight of attacks will cut through their save.

I do recommend trying whatever you might think will work, as everyone's meta and area is different, but you may find that you may want to change it up after a few games. Just giving an alternative if you need it!

5. timmy124
    Jungle Swarm

timmy124 New Member

Ah makes sense - plus I can purchase a command point with my leftover 50pts right?

Looks like there's still a bit to learn about deployment etc. for me so will pick up the GHB and go from there.

Much appreciated mate, thanks!!

Carnikang likes this.
  6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

No problem! Just have fun and learn for now, so you can get a feel for the game.

Cheers!