1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to Seraphon Army list help 2000pt Tourny List help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Dreamer74, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Dreamer74
    Cold One

Dreamer74 Active Member

So, am new to the hobby, have asked a few people their thoughts and they suggested to put the list on public and go from there.

Most people I face do Mortal wounds, or heavy shooting which wipe me out before I get to them or objectives at all. (Vs'd some Demon canons of some kind forgot the name and they wiped out more than half my Warriors of 40 before they could do anything. )

Any help will be welcomed greatly and if required can list what I have so far, Battlemage in the list is coming.)

Attached Files:

Ritual likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I 've played the exact same list in 2 tournaments but with a starpriest instead of a battlemage and had way more success than I 'd expect.
    Now a few suggestions :

What I experienced was :

1. Skink Priest doesn't pay back its point cost to a saurus oriented army. Even when rerolls worked at each round * I've had games that only worked once, so there was 100p thrown * 5+ is bad and it really doesn't make a difference. Which gets us to number 2 :

2. Starpriest is gold. Starlight is priceless and mystic shield is heavily needed. This is what I would change in my list : swap the priest for a 2nd starpriest. And this is pretty much what I suggest you as well : Swap the Priest and the Battlemage for the 2 Starpriests.

3. Let the Bastiladons tank like the awesome undying things they are. Don't spend points on the battlemage to have the healing. Just let them do their thing.

4. Care with your sunblood placement. With all the rucus of the warriors going on, it is quite easy to fail placement and keep him out of combat for a turn or 2. You do NOT want that. He is too good and too tanky to not fight. You want Sunblood to fight as much as possible.

5. ScarVet on Carno really does NOT work alone. I used him away from the Sunblood rerolls and the big blob, to the other flank in some games to threaten my opponent. This just didn't work. At all. *my dice are not the best but still* After I made him focus the unit that Sunblood's ability targeted though.. fun times began.

6. The new meta has crazy range and movement but do not be scared. Everything in your army but the sunblood, can 90% move 10" each round. It's a lot. Train on your placement on these games. You need to place aggressively without getting locked down somewhere where you not want to be or get destroyed by being next to his strongest units.

Hope it helped !

m0gstar and Ritual like this.
  3. Dreamer74
    Cold One

Dreamer74 Active Member

Thanks for that, I want to build a army around Sunclaw Starhost and possibly Shadowstrike starhost.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Ritual likes this.
  4. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

What Im planning is pretty similar. I replace the carno with a shadowstrike and rippers. Id actually keep the priest, but give him the cloak of feathers so he can fly around taking places of power and putting out decent shooting. Otherwise id take a scar vet on cold one for the same reason.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Dreamer74
    Cold One

Dreamer74 Active Member

What about Terradons, would they still work?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Terradon will work they are just harder to play than Rippers.

7. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

Terradons are okay, but if you take a shadowstrike you really want rippers. I dont take rippers or terradons outside shadowstrike either.

Seraphage likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I don't have Rippers (yet. And mainly because of style reasons) and play Terradons instead. They work, but yes, they are somewhat less competitive.

9. Dreamer74
    Cold One

Dreamer74 Active Member

What would I need to change around to work with Shadowstrike and bloowclaw starhosts?