1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Kempak, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Kempak
    Jungle Swarm

Kempak New Member

I've just started a seraphon army and was just looking for general advice. New to lustria online but seems very active!

Twwh2 lizardmen campaign has inspired me to start an army. And then the new lore making then into lightning blooded aztec lizards who live in pyramid ships.. just take my money.

Starting off I bought the following:
    2x start collecting (seen how to stretch it out thanks to an awesome thread on here)
    1x seraphon starclaw strikehost
    1x lord kroak
    1x saurus guard
    I also picked up 7 saurus warriors and 16 skinks of eBay

So probably will build 6 ripperdactyls from having a look through the threads. I am starting from the start collecting build wise so haven't gone through the contents anyone know if the blot toad is included in the battleforce box or do I need to buy one separate?

I'll convert that extra saurus into a astrolith bearer

3 units of cold blood riders and one scar veteran on cold blood.

I have no experience with green stuff etc but will possibly go down the 2 extra troglodon route seems rude not to.

Eternity warden looks awesome but is he good in the crunch? 7 wounds and alpha warden seems worth it.

Should I buy the seraphon battletome? Ghb18/19 seem to cover their rules should I just wait for their next one?

I also Bought balewind vortex going to pick up malign sorcery for kroaknado. Think I'll only attempt that in casual games. Otherwise use him as a slann starmaster.

Just waiting for some love for own endless spellsetc.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Toad should be included it's on the same sprue as the terradon/ripperdons.

you can also try modelling clay for dolls, it's a bit easier to use than green stuff. Just make sure you get a type of clay that doesn't need baking

The warden is excellent at keeping your slann alive. If nothing else it's a good option for summoning if you find your slann under fire and can't get him to safety somehow (e.g. loads of ranged opponents)

battletome; depends on how badly you want the physical rules. Ultimatly every warscrool and battalion can be found online, so it's not strictly needed especially if you're going to make custom unit cards. Given how old it is it's definitly one of the least interesting things to buy right now.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    Seems you already have a lot of stuff to paint!

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria.

The physical copy of the battletome has been out of stock for about 6 months. Generally when this happens it means a new one is either being printed or will be shortly. I would just wait and use the online warscrolls until the new Battletome releases.

Kempak likes this.
  5. Kempak
    Jungle Swarm

Kempak New Member

Thanks good to know hoping the faction will get some loving soon then.

For £11 warden definitely seems worth it.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Titchy_Stryder
    Saurus

Titchy_Stryder Active Member

The Battletome is still available physically and digitally on GW sites. Like most Seraphon things they’ve gone website distribution only but they’re still very much available.

7. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

That being said, i strongly recommend not getting the battletome. Every single warscroll is out of date, errata already marked out all pf the special rules, and you'd more or less be buying it for lore.

Kempak likes this.