1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW TO THIS WHOLE THING NEED POINTERS

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lizards are men?, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Lizards are men?
    Jungle Swarm

Lizards are men? New Member

HI everyone!

So i'm new to this completely and by starting my army i picked up the sc box. I also picked up a skink starpriest as he looks so cool. After buying the box i realised that most of it just looks pretty compared with some of the other models powers and synergy's after reading all the warscrolls.

This is what i have come up with so far:
    Slann
    saurus old blood on carnosaur
    20 skinks
    2 razordons
    1 Skink handlers
    1Engine otg

So now for my questions:
    1. Can anyone see a way of me using more of the starter box than just carnie?
    2. Do razordons need skink handelers to be with them?
    3. What are the rules of summoning?
    4. Just any advice you can send my way would be great :) i don't mind spending to improve!

My thoughts with this were to attack from range and use range to assist my old blood
    please any help and pointers is welcome. Thanks for reading :)

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the Hobby and Lustria Online!

1) Your Saurus Warriors can be very strong inside of Fangs of Sotek. Your Saurus Knights are viable, if not optimal, in a Dracothion's Tail formation.

2) Razordons do not require Skink handlers to be set up. All the handlers will do for them is allow rerolls of hit rolls of 1. If you have them near a Saurus Astrolith Bearer then the handlers will provide no benefit.

3) Summoning use to cost reinforcement points and be carried out through the use of spells to summon. The spells which allow for units to be summoned no longer exist as per AoS 2nd ed. Now, summoning is tied to our Allegiance abilities and/or the Engine of the Gods unit. The new update for our Allegiance abilites can be found in the GH2018. If you don't have the Handbook yet then it should be your next purchase.

4) My recommendation is to look into the three major battalions for Seraphon that see effective competitive use. They are as a follows:
    Shadow Strike Starhost, Thunderquake Starhost, and Fangs of Sotek. Each of these army archetypes will offer unique and competitive viable play.

If you haven't checked out @Crowsfoot SCbox guide then you should.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good advice there by @LizardWizard . I have nothing to add, except this:

Welcome to the forums! :)

4. Lizards are men?
    Jungle Swarm

Lizards are men? New Member

thanks for your help!

and cheers for having me

LizardWizard likes this.