1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New To Warhammer: Need Seraphon Army Advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by seraphonoob, Jul 23, 2018.

1. seraphonoob
    Jungle Swarm

seraphonoob New Member

I have 2 Seraphon Start Collecting! boxes, one of which has been put together while the other is still unopened. I really want to have Stegadons/Engine of the Gods', Slanns or Skink Starseers, and Bastilidons (I want to have a beautiful looking army). I am more than willing to return the 2nd box for any of those models if need be, and I'm willing to buy any models I don't have. Currently, I have made:
    • 1 Scar-Vet on Carnosaur (Willing to convert into an Oldblood if needed)
    • 10 Saurus Warriors
    • 5 Saurus Knights
    I will be making a Skink Priest and possibly a Scar-Vet on Cold one or Oldblood on foot with the remaining parts. Is it possible to make a 1000 point army with any of the behemoth models I want to use that was mentioned in the text above (willing to go up to 1250)? In fact, the Engine of the Gods sounds amazing, I would really like to play with one. I want a beautiful looking army, and I'm not really keen on the Seraphon birds. Flying stuff ain't my style unless their OP.

I appreciate any and all input. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Basically you are going to want a slaan(or lord croak) most of not all our armies use them as a focal point (especially now that we can summon free units) - on that subject an astrolith bearer is also very handy.
    Keep the scar vet he’s more useful than an old blood (and cheaper in points)

For help building more models from your starter boxes - check out the ‘getting the most from your get started set’ by crowsfoot.

Basically in each set you can (with a small amount of fiddling) create;
    A unit of saurus
    A unit of cold ones
    Skink priest
    Scar vet on carno
    Troglodon
    Astrolith bearer
    Scar on cold one

(All from one box) so x2 you then have a pretty big army :)

Just add models as you go - a simple rule of thumb for the lizards are - buy whatever you like the looks of, everything has its uses.

seraphonoob and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

seraphonoob likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    Good advice by @Deed525 , there is a lot you can do with that box.

We have a lot of cool/strong stuff in our army, don't worry. Just build what you like and we can find out what you can do with it. :)

seraphonoob and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. seraphonoob
    Jungle Swarm

seraphonoob New Member

I have made a Skink Priest, Scar-Vet on Cold one, and an Astrolith Bearer as per the "Getting the most out of Seraphon Start Collecting" conversions post. I will be making an Oldblood on foot as well. I understand I'll have double what I have now if I decide to open my other Seraphon Starter box, but given that I want to run Stegadons and other behemoths (other than carnos and trogs), should I just return the unopened box? Or would an army from 2x Start Collecting boxes just obliterate people?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

No a army for 2 SC boxes won't be that strong, if you want to run Behemoths build towards a Thunderquake Batallion which consists off the following.

upload_2018-7-24_8-33-19.png