1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Newb help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Overbite, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Overbite
    Jungle Swarm

Overbite New Member

Hi all. I use to play fantasy and was asked to play a game of aos so I dusted off my lizards and had a friendly game. So I'm looking to build up my collection. So what would people recommend. I currently have
    1 slaan
    1 priest
    1 star priest
    36 saurus
    8 knights
    20 Skink
    1 stegadon / eog
    1 Bastiladon
    Any help on what to use / get would be great help

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would get a start collecting box, get the carnosaur, make one of your knights into a scar-vet on cold one, then sunblood, eternity warden a box of guard. Chameleon skinks and rippers or terradons when you can.
    Also another bastiladon.

And then if you want to venture from Seraphon to Order I would pick up a celestial hurricanum, a battlemage or two, an assassin, and maybe sisters of the thorn.

scubrat, DeadlyRecluse and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

If you got another bastiladon/stegadon/troglodon you could field a thunderquake starhost, they're one of my favourite battalions!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Drougen
    Saurus

Drougen Member

I recently just completely started brand new player. When you say make one of your knights into a scar-vet on cold one is there anything specific you have to do, to do that? Or you just say that's what it is?

Bowser likes this.
  5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

You would paint him a bit different from the normal knights and maybe convert him a little... for example you could use one of the two heads options for the leader... and add some extra bits from the warriors... just make him stand out from the rest of them...

Bowser likes this.
  6. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Depending on who you are playing with, you can get away with just declaring "This one is my Scar Vet on Cold One." However, I'd still find a way to differentiate them. Using the second command head for the cold one will work. I'd also recommend at least an arm/weapon swap for the rider.

Bowser and tom ndege like this.
  7. Drougen
    Saurus

Drougen Member

So you don't have to buy the model "scar-vet on cold one"? Because I saw it in the store

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

No you don't, if you have a box of Guards you can use some of the parts to make him look like he is a Scar-vet, paint him a different colour (reverse the colours maybe) and paint the cold one in a suitably fierce scheme.

Bowser and tom ndege like this.
  9. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

There is no real need to buy it... unless you want to have the "real" scar veteran... Or you don't want to convert one of your knights... ;)

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

If you want to waste £10 then sure, it's a scam, just do some fancy work with the model like everyone says, haha!

Zheddikus and Bowser like this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Absolutely make it bigger and better than the others, you could buy the official model, but it won't ever look as good as the one you custom build yourself. Use extra bits from the guard, the warriors, carnosaur, anything that says this is a big bad boss.

Zheddikus and tom ndege like this.
  12. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I love that starhost! :) Too bad they only allow rerolls on save and wound/hits in the combat phase. But with a Slann nearby or a Priest you should be fine

Bowser likes this.