1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Newbie 2k list help number kajillion; aka: What even the hell is a battalion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Kitbash, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Heya you lovely lot. It's me back again. I have no bloody clue how battalions work, or how to put together a list for AoS 2. I've used Battlescribe to knock together a list based on what I'm building, have built and have planned, but I could do with some more sage advice hammering it out, as I plainly have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

Here's the list so far. Things in bold are definite keepers due to either stuff already bought/planned and/or there because narrative theming and all that arty fartyness.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Seraphon) [1980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Engine of the Gods [220pts]

Saurus Sunblood [120pts]: 2. Incandescent Rectices, 3. Mighty War Leader, General

Skink Starseer [200pts]

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

+ Artillery +

Razordons [80pts]: 2x Razordons

Salamanders [40pts]: Salamander

+ Battleline +

Saurus Guard [270pts]: 3x 5 Saurus Guard, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

Saurus Knights [90pts]: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Lance, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

Saurus Warriors [200pts]: 2x 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Club, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

Skinks [120pts]: 2x 10 Skinks, Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers

+ Other +

Kroxigor [160pts]: 3 Kroxigor, Moon Hammer

Terradon Riders [120pts]: 3 Terradon Riders, Starstrike Javelin

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Seraphon

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Command Points +

Purchased Command Points [100pts]: 2x 1 Command Point

++ Total: [1980pts] ++

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

A battalion is simply an additional warscroll consisting of other units. It cost Matched Play Points in addition to the Matched Play Points cost of the units that compose it. For each warscroll battalion you take in your army you are allowed 1 additional artifact. The artifact follows all rules associated with artifact selection and allocation. You also gain an additional floating command point in your command point pool before the start of the game. Lastly, during the deployment phase of the pregame when setting up any unit from a battalion you may set up any other units belonging to the same the battalion on that setup turn. For example if you have 11 units in your army and 7 of them belong to the same warscroll battalion you could set all 7 of those battalion units up at the same time instead of setting them up one at a time. This would mean you could set your entire army up in only 5 drops instead of 11.

On a separate note related to the list you posted; if you want to be able to generate Celestial Conjuration Points (the resource used to summon) then your Slann Starmaster needs to be your general. Currently it is not worth having any units be your General in AoS 2.0 besides a Slann when playing at 2k Matched Play Points. The rules for generating and spending Celestial Conjuration Points can be found in the General's Handbook 2018.

The GW Warscroll Builder app is a bit more friendly to use than Battlescribe. Its link can be found HERE.

3. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Thanks a bunch mate. Here's where I managed to get to by way of a rejig.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Seraphon) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Engine of the Gods [220pts]

Slann Starmaster [260pts]: 2. Vast Intellect, 5. Coronal Shield, General

+ Artillery +

Salamanders [40pts]: Salamander

+ Battleline +

Saurus Guard [180pts]: 2x 5 Saurus Guard, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

Saurus Knights [90pts]: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Lance, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

+ Other +

Kroxigor [160pts]: 3 Kroxigor, Moon Hammer

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Shadowstrike Starhost [500pts]
    . Skink Priest: 4. Light of Dracothian, Cloak of Feathers and Starbolt
    . Skinks: 10 Skinks, Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers
    . Skinks: 10 Skinks, Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers
    . Terradon Riders: 3 Terradon Riders, Starstrike Javelin

Battalion: Sunclaw Starhost [550pts]
    . Saurus Sunblood: 2. Incandescent Rectices
    . Saurus Warriors: 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Club, Stardrake Icon, Wardrum

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Seraphon

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: None

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Any input regarding synergies for artefacts/command skills would also be massively appreciated!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I do recommend that if you Take Sunclaw that you make at least one unit of Saurus Warriors a 40 man unit. It is also worth the extra 70 Matched Play Points to turn Sunclaw Starhost into the Fangs of Sotek. This turns your entire army into a single battalion which allows you to set up in a single turn. The Fangs of Sotek Battalion can be found in the General's Handbook 2018.

5. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Thanks again bud! That many saurus boys on a 2000 pointer? I better get to ebay >>;;;;

LizardWizard likes this.