1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. [Newbie] 500pt Escalation Army

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Koshijin, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Koshijin
    Jungle Swarm

Koshijin New Member

Hey everybody :) This is my first post on Lustria, love the community so far.

I'm starting an escalation campaign, first time playing Warhammer since 1999.

I will be mainly facing: Skaven, Dwarves, High Elves, Warriors of Chaos - and also maybe some Wood Elves/Ogres.

My initial list is as follows:

-- Heroes --
    - Scar Vet (Cold One, Enchanted Shield, Halberd)

-- Core --
    - 10 Skink Skirmishers
    - 15 Saurus Warriors with SB

-- Special --
    - 3 Ripperdactyls

This leaves me with about 35 points spare. Is this a good list? Any comments, criticisms, hints, or tips very welcome.

Thanks guys :D

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Well.... One thing I see right away is your Scar-vet's gear. The Enchanted Shield is cool and all, but you'll get more mileage with Light Armor. A Halberd requires 2-hands to use, thus disallowing use of the shield in close combat. So while you're out riding around being shot at you'll have a nice 1+ save, but the second combat starts you're staring at a 3+. Light Armor would give you a 2+ either way.

As for the remaining 35 points, throw in a few more Saurus. You can't go wrong there.

Looks like an ok list with the points limit! Rippers will be fun in a small game like this for sure, haha.

And welcome to L-O!!