1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Newer player army advice?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by RandomScrub2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. RandomScrub2
    Saurus

RandomScrub2 Active Member

I originally started collecting because I was using the models for my DnD campaign I'm running ( lol), but now I'm starting to get into the lore and want to start playing, I currently have a fairly large(I think) Set of miniatures and was wondering if I could make an good army out of them. I've never played before and I've been wanting to get into it after reading some of the books/lore

Seraphon

The start collecting pack with other stuff from eBay,

40 saurus warriors, 15 saurus guards, 40 skinks, 5 saurus Knights, 3 Kroxigors, a Slann on a Stegadon, a skink starpriest, skink hero, oldblood saurus on Trex, veteran on a cold one, a saurus astrolith bearer, 2 stegadons (engine of the gods? I have the parts for the other bastiladon unit so I might put it on top of one of the bastiladon as oppose to have 2 engines of the gods), a bastiladon with solar engine, a sunblood,

Are these enough to have a good 2000 points army,? Or are there more stuff I should get in order to get into it/be competitive? I'm not reslly sure what works well together at lower points like 500, 1000 or 1500 either, im still learning thr rules so any ideas is very much appreciate. I'm not really sure if I should get anything else.

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

Here is Games Workshops' online list building tool.

If you want to have a list made for you I would be happy to make recommendations, but play around with the webtool for a bit. Do you own any of the rule books for Age of Sigmar?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. RandomScrub2
    Saurus

I have a friend who does, but I personally haven't had an opportunity to look through them. Yeah I did play with webtool but I'm not sure what synergies well together.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Seraphon can go a lot of directions. We have a large amount of rules to keep in order and many of them across multiple sources. What I would recommend is talking with your friend and seeing if he would teach you the core rules and maybe play a small 500pt game. Seraphon are much easier to conceptualize after you have a had a few matches.

For your first games I recommend just taking what looks cool. Skinks are great units, but they aren't very killy. I would go with a mostly Saurus list while you are learning the ropes.

Maybe an Oldblood on Carnosaur with some Saurus Warriors and/or Guard would be a good starting point.

5. RandomScrub2
    Saurus

He'll be busy with school until the end of next month, so I was hoping to learn while I finish painting the newer stuff I got.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

You should pick the Seraphon Battletome (note there could be a nre one due any minuet and/or millennia). GW and MiniWarGaming all have tutorial videos on how to play AoS. Here are MWG's: How to Play Age of Sigmar. There are like 6 or seven videos in their series.

7. Mokomoko
    Saurus

Mokomoko Active Member

My army is 1 Saurus old blood on carnosaur, 1 Bastiladon, 12 Saurus Warriors, and 8 Saurus Knights on Cold Ones. How many points is that? Also, is this a good army?

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I recommend using the warscoll builder, it tells you everything about the points:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Your army is small, roughly 800 points.
    Also note that you cannot play 8 Saurus Knights or 12 Warriors in matched play (with points). Warriors are played in increments of 10, Knights in increments of 5.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Mokomoko
    Saurus

Mokomoko Active Member

Oh, ok. So if I said I had 10 Saurus Warriors and 5 Saurus knights, that would work?

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Yep.

Here is is your list on paper:

Allegiance: Seraphon

LEADERS:
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    (260)

UNITS:
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)