1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Nexi's Plog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Nexi, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Star Date -307007.16
    We arrived on a strange new world where freight arrives surprisingly quickly after a Christmas, gifts abounds by the locals (re: my brother) and in a field awash with new colour did we sally forth. We first breached the dull taupe of the box and set aside existing sub assemblies, incomplete, as the materials and skills we have yet to acquire but perhaps, given time cataloging the inhabitants of this land would we gain confidence enough to bring paint to bear upon the magnificence that is the Everchosen and Celestant Prime.
    (Brother's Christmas Presents)
    1.jpg
    (The arrival)
    2.jpg
    (What's in the Box?! Brad Pitt voice)
    3.jpg

I'll likely not be attaching any models to bases so that bases can be done separately, as well as sub-assemblies for any riders of mounts and shields on any models that have them. Sensible I suspect as I will be taking it slow, any suggestions for working without a base? stand with blu-tac? cork etc?

Bowser and n810 like this.
  2. Sensei
    Skink

Sensei Member

Wow, looks like you were extra nice this year, trumps what Santa got me. I'd love to see where this goes.
    Painting shields and bases seperately is the right thing to do, blu-tac on a stand (I use a big cork) works really well. My advice is to start by paiting "horde" models like your skinks to practice because you want your big ones (carno, celestant and especially archaon) too look the best they can. Also you can never get enough tips and trick from the internet, especially here and youtube.
    Happy painting!

3. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

for sure, been trawling the youtubes quite a bit, will be doing the skinks first methinks but I'll be doing some assembly for the next day or 2

4. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Skinks finally constructed and only minor bleeding and glued fingers to show for it. Fiddly little bastards and most definitely a time commitment to properly clean and tidy them all up. Give them a day and ill go over them and putty up any major glue gaps but I believe it is mostly downhill from here.

5. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Time to get to work
    4.jpg

Bowser likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That is quite the force you've got there.

7. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Well... I don't think you will get them done by end of the year... ;)

8. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

I beg to differ, when I finished off my last knight, it was already 2016 my time :p

9. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Thought I might post a pic, haven't had a great deal of time to paint over the past week. crests haven't been touched, nor any smaller details. blowpipe skinks getting cooler colours and spear skinks will get warmer colours when I get to them
    20160106_134306.jpg 20160106_134319.jpg 20160106_134330.jpg

generatorss, Warden, Zenard and 8 others like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looking good so far, I've looked at getting the Archaon model but I still have Scarbrand sat in a box waiting for some love.

11. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Archaon was great to put together and areas seem very clearly defined with only 4 sub assemblies required (well 5 technically but the ruins on the base are more a support for the rest of him). Archaon himself, his shield, cloak and then Droghar as one entire piece as he has very few crevasses and concealed areas.

12. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Y our skinks look very good, and i have to agree, you were a good boy this year :)

13. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Cracks the whip, more painting! Those skinks aren't going to spawn themselves.... errr I mean... ;p. Looking good so far :)

Bowser and Warden like this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That purple and green looks fantastic! More!

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I agree with Bowser, the purple and green looks really good on the skinks. Which purples did you use?

Bowser likes this.
  16. Zenard
    Cold One

Zenard Active Member

OHHH! It was you who I stole the purple and green paint job from, damn, when I finish the dude I'm gonna give you a shout out! Sorry. :/

Looks amazing though, I really like the color scheme as you might have quessed (since I stole it)!

Bowser likes this.