1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old one, back to new school

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Iblitz, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

Hey scally ones !
    Here a old french gamer came back to have some fun.

I've started with the first edition lizardmen starting box (32 archer skink, 20 saurus + bretonian..) play a long time till before the razordon and then stopped (switch a long time on tyranid and became admin on tyranid frenc forum) and then back again !

So i've picked up some broken old minis from the first time to make some AOS list.
    Time for me to repaint everything new and get some new/old dinos.
    I'm skink enthousiast (i've played them a lot for fun and tournament) but Saurus are fine too. Slaans are skinks opressors, it's time to be free. (revolution !)

French lizardmen community seems dead (mostly on blackhammer or playing khorne/sigmarines) and that's why i'm here.

33yo time for seraphons !
    Searching for raptor christ !

Scalenex, Warden, n810 and 1 other person like this.
  2. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Bienvenue, Iblitz. We are glad you found your way to Lustria. There are a few Lezards Francais on this forum, although I haven't seen them recently. Maybe you have noticed this character in your area. He also seems to be ready to overthrow the Slann overlords.

[​IMG]

I would like to see photos of your vintage army before you repaint them - just to see how styles have changed over the years. Start a paint log (plog) to show us how your Seraphon cohorts achieve new glory.

You've probably found all of the AoS tactical threads already, but if you haven't... just say synergy a lot, and you will fit right in.

I haven't had a lot of time for the painting and gaming side recently because I've been enjoying the original lizardmen Seraphon fluff so much. If you have a spare hour (or ten) to kill, I suggest you start reading with some of the recent short story competitions which you can find at the bottom of the Lustriapedia index thread. If you find some authors you like there, you can find more of their stuff with the index.

For Cold Blooded Glory!

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Definitely want to see some pics of your army! If you need any AOS advice we are always happy to help out! Ask away, and we may end up coming to you for skink advice!

4. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

I'm wainting for them. they have to travel from france to belgium (my parent place, i was 15Yo when i start collecting).
    tons of them have been sold, repaint, broken, lost and all sort of things.
    some new ones are comming.
    So right now i guess i'll have a starting point with :
    2 salammanders + 8 handlers
    80 archers (count as Boltspitters (biggest range))
    10 metallic Javelins (my favorites with a big kill rate back in tournement days)
    Tenehuini (the first version with the totem) as a priest or astrolight bearer (got conversion ideas for this one)
    Multiple broken Tupacs (Champions)

And some other Saurus... i need to get rid of them.
    Picture will come, i'll open a board for this.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Truer words have never been spoken! :joyful:

Warden likes this.
  6. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

There are a couple of discussions here somewhere about converting old archer skinks to blowpipe / javelin.

7. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

I'm ok With short bows. I like it for the main unit. But those subject could be interesting.

Synergies were the main course with tyranid liste.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

+1 !!! Would love to see some of the classic stuff!

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Don't let @spawning of Bob scare you. Most of the forum is made up of sane people. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.

10. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

Thanks !
    I think, i met a great community here.
    I may not be a great flooder and a bit laconic sometimes (i play mostly in french, and french communities love to argue about things).

I've post some stuff here and there.
    And will go back to them very soon !

Scalenex and Bowser like this.