1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion On Forum RPG?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by DeathBringer125, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Hey I checked out the archives and noticed that there was an ROG section. Unfortunately this section was from 2013 so it’s been dead. What I wanted to know is if anyone still did in forum RPG’s. If so I would very much like to participate. It would be really cool if people started making some rpg’s. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to make one but I would definitely play in one if it got made. I’m posting this to see what people think of this idea. I don’t know if he would like it but it would be epic if someone like @Paradoxical Pacifism ran it because of how gifted he is at storytelling. Please post what you think.

2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

i...

i...

I'm flattered.

Anywaay, I too would look forward to an RPG session, but i also don't have the time to create one either.

Scalenex and other people mostly finished a western Warhammer setting that totally could use the RPG treatment.

In addition, there's actually an on-going (i think) RPG session about the Lizardmen on-going found here

But yeah, i would love to see RPG's get revived on Lustria Online.

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Yeah lol I think having some on site rpgs would be really fun. Hopefully someone’s would be willing to run one.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Well, fear not eager RP-ers, as being a fan of RP threads since I participated in one in Necrontyr Online, I recently attempted to resurrect an RP called 'Scum and Villainy' that was a big thing back in the truly ancient days of the forum, when Nightbringer was a youngling, I had only just got into Warhammer and the forum was still being run by the long lost deity known as Sammy the Squib. Unfortunately, nobody signed up for it at the time, and this was quite a while before either of you joined our community. Anyway, I'll leave a link to the thread here and you can join if you wish:

http://lustria-online.com/threads/s...de-vii-the-assassin-awakens-signup-ooc.21288/

Oh, and if you do, please remember to try and get as many others on this forum to join as you can, as it's much more exciting if there are at least 4 or 5 other people playing besides me (for reasons you'll find out if you look at the thread). The original closing date has long since passed, but I'm willing to make exceptions if it means that we can actually get the game going.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  5. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl lol I am unable to reply to that forum. It must be locked or something. But that idea sounds really fun!
    Edit: I can now reply lol. I will post my char. Hopefully we can get this to work!

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Great - just checking that you can. It's in the General Chat thread not the old RPG thread. Indeed all the old Scum and Villainy threads are in General Chat I believe, so you can view them with ease.

7. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

This is really an amazing idea!

Before this can kick off, though, the setting needs to be flushed out a bit more.

Because i'm questioning what type of characters can we create. Can we use the lizardmen? High Elves? The empire? Or just races from the order faction?

Warlords from Skaven clans could also serve as the backbone of the setting as well. I actually would love to take part in diplomatic Skaven talks, meanwhile there's an eshin assassin prowling about.

8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

The setting is non Warhammer lol. We are lords or ladies in a medieval setting. Though I do want to do a Warhammer themed rpg at some point.

9. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

ahh, ok!

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

What he said - I just want to keep it simple at this point, although we could do a Warhammer version sometime in the future if this one takes off.

11. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Ah good old Sammy, at least I figure that's the same Sammy that was on the UE as Sammy the Squid (he actually meant Squib after the Red Dwarf reference but got the spelling wrong.) :p

S&V was very popular on the UE as well as Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, the Scuttlepub series, and Sketch's infamous Dark Heresy adventures.

Hmm, I might be able to find time for S&V, my track record of surviving was never great though. Last time I played I was murdered before the game began... XD

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Hopefully see you on the signup thread then - it’s in the General Chat

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For what is worth, rpg actually have different fortunes on various forums.
    Bugmans brewery: there is one currently running and healthy
    Carpe noctem: dead before it started

I like the idea, but i don't think i have enough time to follow also this thing, sorry.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That is interesting. On Necrontyr Online there was an RP going on until around the middle of last year - it was a story-based one featuring a war between the Necrons and the Orks on a desert planet, where each player wrote a piece about their faction in turn - until we got to a point where the player whose turn it was just didn't have enough time to write a chapter, and then the rest of us all got bored waiting for him, until it simply dissipated.

No worries - I imagine if Scum and Villainy takes off, there will be more of them hosted in the future. You're always welcome to join in whenever you feel you have time. There's no pressure or anything, I've just got the excitable @DeathBringer125 to advertise my RP a bit more to get as many folk to join as possible, as it's important to have a good few players in an RP, especially in Scum and Villainy where the more players there are, the more challenging (and therefore fun) it is to search for the assassin amongst them.

15. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

A lot of the UE fluff writers and rpg players have more or less migrated to the Moulder Pitfighters forum for the onrunning campaigns. There's a play by post Black Crusade game run by yours truly and a few other things in the pipeline.

Otherwise myself and a couple of very good friends from the UE do our own weekly rpg. Depending who runs it, it has been Only War, Black Crusade, Victoriana, a Lovecraftian space mystery, and a steampunk airship adventure.

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's structured in a way similar to "Vampires Amongst Us". Nice. :)

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

UE?

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It used to be played a long time ago on this forum but interest in it had sagged since the original members left one by one - I'm hoping that I can resurrect it for the benefit of all! ;)

19. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

The UnderEmpire, the Skaven forums. :p