1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement On signatures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by strewart, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well, signatures seem to be the latest craze. I just thought I'd make a quick announcement on them.

There are no hard rules for how long they can be at the moment, but keep in mind that if they're too long and people are scrolling past pages of sigs just to get to the posts it gets annoying and detracts from the forum. I think you should try to aim for an absolute maximum of 10 lines of text, so if you are thinking about adding a picture put it next to 10 lines and see which is bigger.

A good general rule though is your average post length should be a good bit longer than your signature length. If your sig is 10 lines and you normally make 2 line posts, well there is a problem. Just consider the length of it before you submit, don't put large pictures in, if you put quotes in keep it to 2 or 3 or so. If I see any that I consider too big, I will drop you a PM asking you to shorten it a bit. At this stage there will no be no strict length or limitation, have fun with them but keep them shorter than your posts!

2. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Strew baby, hate to break it to you but I used a ruler (your post above contained a convenient 10 lines of text) and your sig is just a little bit over the guideline max :D

Now in all seriousness I'm glad you said this - all the scrolling was actually quite annoying me and I otherwise like this place.

Edit: your seems to be a rebellious 11 lines equivalent :D

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty hardcore aren't I. My posts are usually a bit longer than 10 lines because I drivvel though. And measure it now. :p

Anyway, I forgot to lock this before so its locked now. Any questions/comments/feedback etc can be posted in that forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.