1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Opinion about the state of Skink Priests, and question about past Skink priests

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

So I was wondering what everyone thought about the Skink Priest? Personally I would love to see the Priestly trappings buff be triggered on a roll of 3 or more, and the one with the Feather cloak on a 2 or more.

Aside from that, how do you guys feel about giving the Skink Priest the ability to casts spells again when part of the Seraphon Allegiance? And if so, what kind of spells were the Skink Priests known for casting, which might be fun to use as an extra spell?

Bowser and Aginor like this.
  2. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

I think Skink Priests getting their own spells is a good idea, and it would make them much more useful, but I don't know any old spells. Maybe it could have a slight bonus to the casting roll if the priest has Priestly Trappings?

SlanntaClause, Bowser and Aginor like this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah I agree the Skink Priest could probably use a buff. Or a point reduction.

SlanntaClause and Bowser like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I think we have too many priests and in AOS they are all severally lacking.

I think Skink priest needs more spells but also a more diverse roll as it is at the moment you need 2/3 different priests/casters to maintain a good magic presence.

Give the skink priest a mount option, remove the fly ability and make the cloak a +1 to casting and save option, make trappings +3 and reduce his movement to 10" if mounted

5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the new prayers in the stormcast battletome, you get the prayer they already have, and an additional one. Would make it well worth the 100 points.

Crowsfoot and SlanntaClause like this.
  6. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Could you tell us more about those prayers?

And what kind of prayer or spell would you like to give them that would feel iconic?

And what would Skink Starpriests get then? I would love it if Starseers would be able to cast 2 spells and summon like Slann. Maybe Starpriests would give the bite buff as an area buff?

Crowsfoot, SlanntaClause and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think that if they do come out with a new battletome we will get new spells, and possibly extra prayers, the stormcast got basically 6 new prayers, which might be rerolls or buffs.

Seraphage and SlanntaClause like this.
  8. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So
    prayers are basically similar to the Skink priest's Priestly rites?

9. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

More like the Starpriest's Serpent Staff. A prayer (From what I've seen) is a minor buff that you (sometimes)don't need to roll dice to use.

10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think for prayers a dice roll is alwaus needed, otherwise it would jist be an ability.

Seraphage and SlanntaClause like this.
  11. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

Sorry, got confused. I don't have a photographic memory of every single rule and term.

12. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

A general rule for seraphon to avoid the rule of one would be nice... just according to magic...
    Additionally give the priest one spell/turn and the star priest 2... no additional spells for the priest (only bolt shield and the other one...) star priest keep his special spell... together with arcane vassal this should increase our magical output to a level, that makes it less annoying that our other troops are weaker than the average AOS troops...

Bowser likes this.