1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion needed for colour scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Aranigej, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Hi guys,

I am finally going to start painting my lizzies (a long overdue task I must admit) but what is holding me back is the colour scheme.

Any suggestions on a cool and original colour scheme?

I was thinking of using the following for all my army (skinks, saurus, slann, krox, carnosaur, cold ones, steg...)

P5070062.jpg

P5070063.jpg

Do you think that having all the models based on this scheme is nice or is it too monotounous and I should think of different colours for different 'creatures'.

Any comments and suggestions on this would be great.

2. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

There's an amazing colour scheme here http://www.pyramidvault.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1616

3. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Checked out the link you gave me and I must say that that is some awesome stuff!

What I noticed from that link is that all the models use the same colours, and they look very nice.

What are your comments on this??

Do you think that an army using the same basic colour scheme for all the models is effective or is it better to have different colours for different types of models??

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It certainly wouldn't look boring, in fact I would worry about the opposite. The whole army would stand out very brightly and evenly.

You certainly don't have to, but it is quite common to make big creatures different colours to skinks/saurus since they are different species. Makes them look more unique. I have seen armies done with everything being the same colour and looking great though, so if you like the orange and black then go for it.

5. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Thanks strewart. Will do a couple of trial models next week and see how they turn out.

6. salamander
    Skink

salamander New Member

that scheme you have got there is the one I almost always use for my characters and rear
    I think it is areally cool coulour scheme but if you paint all youre models like that you wouldnt have anithing standing out

7. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Good point salamander.

Does anyone have some pics of an army using the same colours for all models?

This is really whats keeping me back from painting up my army and any feedback would be great to help me make up my mind.

Thanks for the comments so far

8. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Open your Army book.. It is all the same.. light blue with dark blue.. with the exceptions of the 'Animals'.

I guess it depends on what color scheme you use.. I got my skinks lighter than my saurus.. but my kroxigors darker than saurus.

Even so.. In the end only your opinion counts.. since you will be looking at it the most. Who knows.. maybe someone won't notice your Stegadon hiding in that skink unit.

9. spiders_republic
    Jungle Swarm

spiders_republic New Member

I'm in the middle of doing a cave lizard army, so instead of blues, their skin will be translucent white. exposing their insides and veins and guts. Also instead of cold ones, my saurus will ride giant wetas!! and terradons will be giant bats instead. (but still with skink riders.) I'm still sussing out my final paint scheme, but it involves undercoat white, a few different washes (blue, red, purple, brown) and finally lots of layers of thinned out whit paint. anyone have any better ideas for painting pigmentless skin????